What age group are you in? (March 2020 version)

Started by 64Guitars, March 03, 2020, 02:18:36 PM

Hi all, yeah 71 and a bit, never really thought i'd get this old especially after the interesting experimenting in the sixties. :o.        Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Flash Harry

50 to 59, don't ask next year!

Age is just a number, I'm sure I have more get up and go than people half my age...

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 04, 2020, 01:25:18 PMI'm sure I have more get up and go than people half my age...

My get up and go got up and went a long time ago.  :-[

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Jean Pierre

all my life, in all my leisure, sports, musical and professional activities I've always been the youngest! I have to reach 71 and 6 months to become the oldest and I don't like it at all!
I think I'm going to found a Songcrafter reserved for the 70's (and more if they live longer) to become the youngest one again.

l humor and derision are my two teats of youth ... in my head I'm still ... 10 years old besides I proclaim it in one of my covers HERE (see lyrics and  attached translation  ;)

Quotehttps://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=27271
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Pine

Like Farrell, i'm 69. 70 in October...WooHoo! Let the good times roll!
Maybe i should update my avatar, altho it's quite appropriate... a squirrel sipping on a Guinness saying my most used word... "what?"
As has been mentioned, i also visit other sites, and see that interactions have dropped off severely in the last 5-10 years. No young folks recording at all it seems. I've had so much fun doing it over the years. They're missing out on the joy of camaraderie. But as ol' Bob D. said, "the Times, they are a changin'". Not for the better imho. I'd love to physically feel like a kid, but wouldn't wanna be one in this effed up world.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Oldrottenhead

60 years physically but in my head still 17. in fact if mirrors didn't exist i would be convinced i was still only 17. who is that guy in the mirror when i shave in the morning?
well as my old dad used to say "you're only as old as the person you feel".
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on March 05, 2020, 04:47:21 PM60 years physically but in my head still 17. in fact if mirrors didn't exist i would be convinced i was still only 17. who is that guy in the mirror when i shave in the morning?
well as my old dad used to say "you're only as old as the person you feel".

I hope Mrs. Oldrottenhead doesn't see that. She'll want to know who the 17-year-old is that you're feeling.  ;) ;D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

I hope we aren't as old as we feel cause I feel dead!!! & I appear to be the youngest here...and maybe the only one with 3 kids in the house...& 1 still in single digits...I'm so feckin tired. Love this place though.
Rock on my friends!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Kenneth

When I first came to this web site and joined I think I was 41.
Now i'm in the next age category!
14 years from retirement.
What the hell?  :o

You're all old too.  :P
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman