Purple haze cover

Started by Bro, May 24, 2009, 04:35:11 AM

AndyR

Nicely done  :)

And I learnt something off your version that I hadn't spotted in nearly 30 years of occasionally playing this: the vibrato on the rising notes after the "scuse me while I kiss the sky..."

Sounds really good...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Rockatron

I agree with all the comments above and especially, why exactly are you not satisfied with this!?  It's amazing man!  I'll want to try that for myself at some point! EXCELLENT!
recorder
Boss BR-80

"Play, just play..."

Jim1970

Yes, this so cool.

this is well done!!!

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bro

Vibrato? To be honest i really don't have the slightest idea about why you all were talking about that.

To me this is not that great, i've played this much better before, there's a lot of mistakes in this one and the timing in soloing is a bit off here and there. But I have not really thought about the vibrato after "scuse me while I kiss the sky..." It's all kind of done with out thinking it though. (A little weird)

The backer can be found on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqtiI-p1pX8&feature=channel_page

But I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed it :)
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Wiley

Great job Ojimmie. You are reaching into even farther corners with your skill. Keep on trucking.  You are one great guitar player!

Greeny

My oh my. Only the very brave would try to nail this one. There's a couple of timing issues, but I'm being really picky, because this is absolutely INCREDIBLE. You got the tone and the feel just right. You're a wonderful guitarist and heading for BIG things!!!!!

Satchwood

Cool hendrix cover - 0jimi!  Great sounding guitar - you got that hendrix tone on this one!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bro

Thanks! I've got it all out of just the guitar and the br :D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Ferryman

Pretty good 0jimi but I do notice a few glitches in this one. I know it backwards because I used to play it in a band and our guitarist had it pretty note perfect. But it's pretty damned good for one so young, with a bit of work it will be perfect. I do like your sound, and you recorded it well. Did you do both guitars, or is one on the backer?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bro

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on May 28, 2009, 08:42:43 AMDid you do both guitars, or is one on the backer?

Well it's quite a fun story, because i fucked up the last solo when it came to the ending, and so i thought Screw that, I'll just record the main riff after the second solo on a track for i self. So thats why there is two guitar tracks and the second is just playing the main riff after the second solo.