Thank you

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, March 01, 2020, 04:08:34 AM

Hook

Willie, I have always loved your music & would hate for you to not be making it.
 I know I'm young and aside from mentally, I'm somewhat healthy. Since I make my living & support my family by playing guitar (basically) I worry often about what happens when I can't. I have no back-up plan or degree to fall on, I'm just an entertainer who has to perform until the end comes.
I have gained so much from all of you here and hope that I can continue to share music with you all.
Rock on my friends!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

drumbum

You are getting a degree in life. And your family's tomorrow is because of your todays. Sounds like a plan to me.. 

Rock on..!! !@010
If you swim against the tide long enough, it turns and becomes momentum.........

Ella

Hope you keep up guys! I´m only 55 years old  ;D but I already know that getting old sucks! Life is hard sometimes. I can get positive feelings from nature and exercise also. Should be more outdoors. Music makes me happy many times and it´s been wonderful to follow up you're making music here. So many kind of interesting music and great musicians.  And it´s been very crown to get know people from many countries. Life can be so different. Nice to hear that there are also members who are still listening though they can´t make music. Like Pine. Of course we remember you.  :) Come along!

Pine

Thanks for the encouragement Ella. Like you, nature is my sanctuary. Without my dogs and cats and rabbits and goats and chickens and forest i would be a disaster. Folks like you, and many others here, are talented and creative and many seem to be able to sustain that. I did pretty well for about 10 years with writing and recording but it's tuff to stay musically creative. I'm sure many others here have other interests, like Alex with his paintings and Tim with his new farm that can pull you away from music... or like Willie, who has physical challenges that some of us can also identify with. If it weren't for online musician friends, i'd sell all my gear. People like you and many others here keep the candle burning. Aging is tuff. Music can lighten the load.  :)

recorder
Boss BR-1200

drumbum

I stopped recording about 8 yrs ago because I had a son. I always have music in my heart, and he (Ryan) in the early years was really taking to a groove. I always stayed attached to music one way or another. Started piano about 4 years ago and also bought my son a drum set from ebay 4 years ago. Well it sat for a bit, until about 3 months ago when he decided he wanted to play more. We re-set up the Studio together and fully miced his drums. Well that was it for me. I started playing and said the studio will be alive again.! Got back into recording. My son inspired me to pick it up again, and he loves watching me record, and listening to the takes. Believe me , he is  my most vocal critic..! And he is inspired as well..!

Moral....Music is what life truly feels like..!! Thanks all..!!
If you swim against the tide long enough, it turns and becomes momentum.........