Without Love (Mike Huntingford and Kenny Mac Collaboration)

Started by Mike Huntingford, February 14, 2020, 09:24:59 PM

Mike Huntingford

Without Love (Featuring Kenny Mac) Small File
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi guys, well here is the collaboration by Kenny and Me. We hope you like it.  Comments requested on mix - I can tweak!

Without Love

Guitar, Vocals, and Lyrics by Kenny Mac.
All Backing Instruments and Original Music by Mike Huntingford

-----------------------------------------
I lie  awake at night 
thinking about you
Memories fall into sight 
It feel a life time away
The bubble just burst
And nothing could make it ok.

And you 
Drifted  away
Floated away from it all
And you
Had  everything 
But now you have nothing  at all
What can you have without  love?

What have  you got ?
What  have you got?
Who wants a world without love?

What have  you got ?
What  have you got?
Who wants a world without love

What have  you got ?
What  have you got?
Who wants a world without love?

And you 
Drifted  away
Floated away from it all
And you
Had  everything 
But now you have nothing  at all
What can you have without  love?

Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Redler

Amazing job! So laid back feeling here. Everything works fine and the lead guitar riff on chorus is icing on the cake.

Bravo guys!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Really nice work here. Lush, rich production and mix creates a really laid back feel which suits the vocals and Kenny's additions. I think the mix is pretty good, only tweak I would suggest is perhaps making the lead vocal a bit more central in the mix. It's a tiny bit lost to my ears, but that's a minor thing. Overall it;s a great track, really well performed and mixed.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

This is a fine song and brilliant collab.  At the risk of being picky, I agree with Ferryman that the vocals could be a fraction of a db higher in the mix.  You could also consider taking the final chord and drum roll down very slightly. 

But I am being very picky (because you asked for thoughts) and even as it stands, it is a piece to be proud of.

Paul

TPB

Love the intro and tone on the guitar turn the vocal a smig and you are there  Overall great collab well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

j.g.

Great intro, was expecting The Eagles to appear. Enjoyable listen, very catchy. As already stated bring up the main vox a little and you're there.

kenny mac

Thanks guys,in the original mix the vocal was more prominent but maybe too much so Mike pulled it back a bit.
As always I'm so proud to work on any song by any songcrafters  on this site.
Viva collaboration  ;D

Mike Huntingford

Thank you everyone for you kind and constructive comments.  I am remixing to pull Kenny's vocals forward and more prominent in the mix.  Will post shortly.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Kenneth

Nice collaboration guys. Beautiful song in lyrics and melody.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Mike_S

Lovely collaboration fellas. A great mix of styles... loving all that delicate guitar work, complimenting all those backing instruments. Overall a lovely tune.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand