Access Forbidden error - is it just me?

Started by Ferryman, January 21, 2020, 04:36:05 AM

Ferryman

I sometimes cannot access the Songcrafters website for several days. I get an "Access Forbidden" error message. This seems to happen mostly at weekends. Is it just me, or do others experience this?

If it's just me, what did I do....??? I'm not a bad guy really.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

I can access the site like normal...no problems at all. Access Forbidden sounds like a good song title. Good luck on sorting it out. 

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Flash Harry

I've just had a quick look at the logs on my phone's browser, not ideal, I can't see anything obvious.

It would help to know when roughly you last had the error, there are some big logs to go through and the filtering isn't brilliant.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

bruno

I have been getting that on the phone for a while. It okay on Wi-Fi but not over 4G occasionally - never a problem on a computer though. I thought it was just me using my blackberry (android)

recorder
Boss BR-1600

TPB

Works on my computer worst I have is at work the reply screen is all gray and I can not see what I am typing otherwise the log in is good
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

alfstone

No problem here, in the South of Italy...  ;)

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

64Guitars

Quote from: Ferryman on January 21, 2020, 04:36:05 AMI sometimes cannot access the Songcrafters website for several days. I get an "Access Forbidden" error message. This seems to happen mostly at weekends. Is it just me, or do others experience this?

If it's just me, what did I do....??? I'm not a bad guy really.

I just searched the source code for the site and there isn't a single instance of the text "Access Forbidden", so the message must be coming from your web browser rather than the Songcrafters server. That suggests a communication issue or an invalid URL. Make sure you're accessing the site through https://songcrafters.org/.

If it continues to happen, try a few different web browsers to see if it's consistent across all of them or just happening with one. And post a screen shot if you can.

What type of device are you using when the error occurs? A phone, tablet, laptop, desktop? How is it connected to the internet? Cellular phone network, Wi-Fi, wired ethernet? Maybe try a different connection type or device if you can.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ferryman

Hmmm, it's just me then. I suspected as much because every else seems to post over the periods when I can't get access.

I access the site from a PC, the same one I always use, the one I am using now, using the same shortcut I just used. It seems to happen at weekends. I couldn't access the site all weekend or yesterday morning but today was fine. Same issue last weekend and several others in recent memory.

I'll take a screen shot of the error message next time it appears and try different browsers.

In the meantime, don't think me rude if I disappear for a couple of days at a time!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Ferryman on January 21, 2020, 03:34:38 PMIn the meantime, don't think me rude if I disappear for a couple of days at a time!

I think you are seeing other websites on the side, and this is just an excuse. [Sobs.]
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

I promise you I remain true to Songcrafters when I can't access it. Although I have been known to spend too much time on the Gear Page and various YouTube effects review channels......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR