TELECASTER FAN CLUB (suite!)

Started by Jean Pierre, January 19, 2020, 01:38:06 AM

Jean Pierre

Always in my quest for telecaster players, I found these amazing guys on YT.
I recommend you to listen until the end there is a great cataloque of famous guitarists with some characteristic licks
Johnny Casch, Roy Orbinson,Johnny River, The Ventures,Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, Elmores James, Muddy Waters , Stevie Ray,Freddie King, BB King and many others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2_Kp_q786g
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Farrell Jackson

Thanks for posting this up JP. I've tried playing that lick to Hod Rod Lincoln many times without any real success...especially at a fast tempo.  I can do ok in the E and A positions but it's difficult for me was when it moves to the B position, without any open strings involved. That was cool how they incorporated the various artist's classic licks into their performance. These guys are real talented Tele Players !

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Jean Pierre

Oui Farrell , je suis bien d'accord avec vous...c'est époustouflant!
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Ferryman

Nice post JP.

I love my Telecaster but sadly I struggle to play it these days. Arthritis in my fingers means the fretboard is too narrow for me and I can't really play a C chord shape any more. May have to sell her..... :-[

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Ferryman on January 21, 2020, 04:34:04 AMNice post JP.

I love my Telecaster but sadly I struggle to play it these days. Arthritis in my fingers means the fretboard is too narrow for me and I can't really play a C chord shape any more. May have to sell her..... :-[

:'(

I keep hearing stories lately about musicians who retire because or arthritis, or other physical limitations from the onset of age. Gives me a sense of urgency to get more music out while my body will still cooperate. That goes for you too, Nigel.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

I do have other things I can still play. I downsized to a short scale bass about 5 years ago and also have a Jagmaster, which has a short scale neck and nice wide fretboard. But old age is a pain.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR