Latest project finally finished!

Started by StevieM, May 23, 2009, 01:10:56 PM

Bro

Quote from: StevieM on May 23, 2009, 03:04:18 PMNot really hard ( for me anyway,'cos I work with wood all the time), but almost anyone could do it. If you can use a few tools and follow fairly simple(ish) stuff from books, you could too.
The REALLY REALLY hard bit is making 'em sound like all you guys do on here. That's something I wish I could do.

REALLY?! Not hard? Gosh I'm afraid that I'm not that big a genius with wood.
I've thought about putting tougheter (You know just screwing a bought body and neck toughter.. I just couldn't spell it!) But i was just afraid that i'd mess up the electronics! :( You made me jealous!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

StevieM

Ok, now multiply that by hundreds, that's how I feel about being able to play like you lot.
We just do what we can do ;D
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Bro

Quote from: StevieM on May 23, 2009, 03:51:23 PMOk, now multiply that by hundreds, that's how I feel about being able to play like you lot.
We just do what we can do ;D
We should some sort of genetic experiment! Do some sort of super human, a gut who had both our skills! :D or maybe not :) But how long have you been working on guitars? And where can i see more of them? They're great!
And you never answered me on how much it costed to build that one?
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

StevieM

Thanks. Only got pics of a couple others, but there'll be more.
Whoops, sorry, forgot that bit. I think, a rough workout, about £50, 'cos I had some bits already. The next one about £120, so far, just for the hardware. I'll work out time as I go along too.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

StevieM

Oh yeh, genetic mutation would be good, but then we would all be as good as each other and nothing to feel envious about, so we would  stop trying to get better at
 something Bugger that sounds bloody anal retentive, but it's late, I'm tired, got bugger all sleep last night and had a couple cans of cider, so I'll shut up now ;D

Bro

Quote from: StevieM on May 23, 2009, 04:08:20 PMThanks. Only got pics of a couple others, but there'll be more.
Whoops, sorry, forgot that bit. I think, a rough workout, about £50, 'cos I had some bits already. The next one about £120, so far, just for the hardware. I'll work out time as I go along too.

120?! Oh my god! I mean? That cheap? Thats amazing! How did your first self built guitar work out?

The Reverend 48

StevieM you should be proud...its a thing of real skill and beauty

StevieM

OJH------- I got quite a good deal on the bits on E bay, and they're not Seymour Duncan pickups or anything, although pretty good ones. Still got a few bits to get, like fret wire/truss rod and a couple of pots. The wood didn't really cost much, it's a Maple that was in my small front garden ( the only tree there!) that I had to cut down 'cos a neighbour complained about it >:( :'(.

48---Cheers mate. Yep, quite pleased with it. If I get the courage I might even record it a bit so you can hear what it sounds like. Well, it's potential, anyway :D

Greeny

That's incredible! And totally unique. I take my hat off to you, because there's some serious skill and talent (not to mention great taste) in what you've done  :)

3guitarsEddy

Nice piece of equipment, now the big question what does it play and sound like.

I do a lot of wood working so maybe I can get myself a project for when I retire.

eddy