"Feel This Love" Collaboration Kenneth Mcilvenny (Kenny Mac) & Mike Huntingford

Started by Mike Huntingford, January 10, 2020, 08:03:00 PM

Mike Huntingford

Feel This Love (small file version)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Kenny and I are proud to present our latest collaboration "Feel This Love" based on my original instrumental "2020 Awakens".  Kenny has taken his incredible vocals, lyrics and instrumental electric guitars to elevate the original to this collaborative project.

We hope that you enjoy it.

Mike and Kenny

UPDATE: Thank you everyone for your kind words, we (Kenny and I) really appreciate them.  I also would like to thank everyone for their tremendously talented ears to analyze the opening of the piece.  It is clear the guitars add interest and hook the listener earlier.  I think you guys are correct when you say that it is easy to not be able to analyze our own tunes LOL.

Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Ferryman

This is lovely. A really good, polished track. I've had it looping in the background and it's had me humming along. The production is very nice and clear, the instrumentation very well balanced and the vocal and guitar additions are excellent. Overall this is a great collab, well done gents! 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Lovely work guys... you two work really well together... that took me on a nice journey... cracking bit of lead guitar in there too.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

A lovely track guys, so well done, it's got a lovely easy feel, the mix is beautifully balanced, it's lovely and clean and well recorded.
Playing and vocal delivery is perfect. 

Super stuff.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Mike Huntingford

Seeking some Technical Assistance: Request honest opinion on opening of song with guitar - while I love the guitar playing, to my ear, perhaps percussion of guitar against percussion of drums and keys don't sync in compliment.  I am thinking of excluding the opening guitar for a few bars and introduce prior to main theme with Kenny's vocal introduction.

Thank you all for kind comments thus far.  Kenny does fantastic work.  I have attempted to make sure the master mix was tweak to ensure vocals sit well enveloped by the instrumental tracks from the original.

Again your honest view of the opening few bars (not all) of guitar I am seeking.

Thanks

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Redler

Top class job, gents! I've always loved the backers by Mike and with lyrics/vocals this works extremely well, too!

Bravo!

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: MikeHuntingford on January 11, 2020, 11:33:21 AMSeeking some Technical Assistance: Request honest opinion on opening of song with guitar - while I love the guitar playing, to my ear, perhaps percussion of guitar against percussion of drums and keys don't sync in compliment.  I am thinking of excluding the opening guitar for a few bars and introduce prior to main theme with Kenny's vocal introduction.
The guitar works for me. I hadn't listened to 2020 Awakens prior to this, so nothing sounded "odd" when I listened to this version of the track. IMO the guitar lifts the intro and gives you that immediate hook - the first few seconds are often what make people want to listen to a song. Having now listened to 2020 Awakens, personally I prefer this intro. ... The trouble with collabs is that you get so used to your version of the song that the collab version can sound very different to you.

I do find the snare percussion a little high in the mix and a little trebly (I am listening on studio monitors and I wear hearing aids, so I hear all the frequencies pretty well...). Maybe try rolling some of the treble off the percussion or pulling it back in the mix during the intro?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

dobrodaddy

Sweet soul music! Excellent collab. Mike, your instro foundation ties it all together. And Kenny does an amazing job building a fine song around it. VERY cool!

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

kenny mac

Quote from: Ferryman on January 13, 2020, 03:21:39 AM
Quote from: MikeHuntingford on January 11, 2020, 11:33:21 AMSeeking some Technical Assistance: Request honest opinion on opening of song with guitar - while I love the guitar playing, to my ear, perhaps percussion of guitar against percussion of drums and keys don't sync in compliment.  I am thinking of excluding the opening guitar for a few bars and introduce prior to main theme with Kenny's vocal introduction.
The guitar works for me. .. The trouble with collabs is that you get so used to your version of the song that the collab version can sound very different to you.

I agree with this and have found that sometimes when you've listened to your own track so many times and  something or someone creeps into that mix you tend to over discect it.
The opening melody triggers the song takes it to a different scene.
The thing about working with Mike's songs for me is it seems to come fairly easy for me as the structure of the songs is the way I like a song laid out,verse ,chorus etc.
I don't think the guitar is at odds at all but I'm biased.

dobrodaddy

QuoteSeeking some Technical Assistance:

Mike, I think Kenny's guitar intro is great and goes very well w your synth piano. Really sets the mood for the song. On "2020 Awakens" it makes sense to have the percussion right at the start, but for this song I'd suggest reduce vol on the percussion at the beginning and fade it in later on in the intro. IMHO 

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2