" A Few More Days" a Hook original

Started by Hook, December 31, 2019, 12:25:44 PM

Hook

A Few More Days
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Finding myself in Oklahoma for the New Year, in a little cabin by a lake. Wrote this tune yesterday morning and managed to record it this morning in my Van, LITLR. One last tune for 2019. My tenor archtop Kala Uke and the br80.
A Few More Days
written & performed by Hook
It's a Beautiful morning
Sun shines down on the lake
It's a Beautiful morning
Watching my world wake
It's a Beautiful morning
hills and a bitter cold wind
It's a Beautiful morning
all these things feel like friends

I'm lost
but not in a scary way
and I don't think I would mind being
Lost for a few more days

It's a wonderful world
If we just choose to see
It's a wonderful world
If you look past him, them & me
It's a wonderful world
It could be so much more
It's a wonderful world
Outside of the rich & the poor

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

T.C. Elliott

Sounds like a great place to be. (I typically don't like Oklahoma very well, tbh, but you've described a great place to be.) I like your finger picked accompaniment and your lyric is really a great take in this frigid winter weather we're having here in Missouri. I like both the first verse description and the second verse message.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Hook

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on December 31, 2019, 09:19:47 PMSounds like a great place to be. (I typically don't like Oklahoma very well, tbh, but you've described a great place to be.)
T.C. it is not a good place at all, in fact I hate this state and if my wife wasn't from here and her family wasn't here I would never cross the state line again. This morning by the lake was nice though.
I was however born in St. Charles, Missouri (moved when a baby) and have a fondness for your state.
Thanks for the listen brother.
I will catch up here soon my friends.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

What a nice picking and licks. This is so beautiful and relaxing! The atmosphere captured :)
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Excellent intimate recording, cool stuff, a bit of Americana, cool stuff.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

little cabins on lakes give me goosebumps and nostalgia for little cabins on lakes.

miss you brother.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Love the uke playing and composition. You create some very interesting and compelling music from such a simple little instrument. Lovely vocals as well, what's not to like.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

TPB

Very nice I have spend some times on the lakesBetween  Arkansas a Ok. was stationed in Sallisaw for a while.
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away