Vote for the Jan/Feb 2020 "Originals" festival

Started by 64Guitars, December 20, 2019, 03:55:18 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next Originals festival which will run from January 1 to February 29. Voting starts now and runs for 10 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on Monday, December 30th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Originals" festival. There is no poll for the "Covers" festival this time because we've decided to make it the "Lost in 2019" fest in which we'll pay tribute to any artists who died in 2019. See this post.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• FutureFest - songs about the future near far utopian dystopian personal universal uncertain hopeful etc etc
  • OAP Fest
  • Summer Holidays - Songs about the hazy, crazy, lazy days of summer
  • Driving Songs - Road trips, freedom of the open road, traffic jams, the good and the bad.
  • FriendsFest - Songs about friends and friendship.
  • HomeFest - Songs about the homeless or anything to do with homes.
  • PetFest - Write an ode to your favorite 4-legged, scaled, finned, or green friend
  • BoozerFest - Songs about drinking, hangovers, or the camaraderie of your favorite pub/bar

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Voting closed. The winner is:

FutureFest (banner image missing)

Songs about the future - near, far, utopian, dystopian, personal, universal, uncertain, hopeful, etc.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Missed the voting completely but very happy with the results.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

alfstone

Quote from: Hook on December 31, 2019, 12:29:22 PMMissed the voting completely but very happy with the results.
Rock on!

Me too, LOL!  ;D

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Hilary

Me too - I'd love to know how many people actually voted.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Redler

Quote from: Hilary on January 01, 2020, 04:27:55 AMMe too - I'd love to know how many people actually voted.

This time only 10 voters...
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Christmas is a busy time for everyone, so I always try to allow extra time for voting. This year, the poll was open for 10 days instead of the usual 5 days. But still only 10 people voted. :(

Sadly, the number of voters has declined over the years. Here are the number of votes for each poll last year:

2019          Covers Fest    Originals Fest   
Jan/Feb1816
Mar/Apr2219
May/Jun1513
Jul/Augno poll14
Sep/Oct1615     (8 votes on the covers fest tie-breaker)
Nov/Decno poll11

As you can see, they range from 11 votes to 22 with an average of 15.9 votes per poll. I'm sure we have more than 16 active members, so an average of only 16 votes is pretty disappointing.

I wish we could get more people to vote. Even if you know you won't have time to post a song for the fest, you should still vote for the theme you'd most enjoy listening to. And I always ask everyone to vote in both polls, yet not once last year did the number of votes in the covers poll and the originals poll match!  Please folks, always vote in both polls.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hilary