Thank you

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, December 08, 2019, 03:11:16 PM

Hi guys, thank you so much for all your support over the last few years but age, arthritis, and piss poor hearing make me think it's about time to hang my guitars up. I will leave any music there is on site for posterity, and I will visit now and then to hopefully listen to the great music that you guys are producing. My best wishes to 64 who has helped me do even the simplest tasks since he took the site over.     All the best Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ferryman

Sorry to hear this Willie. I've enjoyed listening to your work over the years and you have been one of the most prolific Songcrafters, always producing great work of the highest quality.

I do hear you (or maybe I don't). I've had to move to short scale bass because my fingers can no longer handle a full scale bass, and my hearing is problematic. Although I wear hearing aids, I can't wear them when using headphones which means basic recording and mixing can be challenging, as I overcompensate for my high frequency hearing loss. Age is a real pain.

If you ever change your mind, don't be a stranger. I'll miss those jangling guitars, smooth lead lines, excellent vocals and clever harmonies.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

TPB

Sorry to hear this brother I will miss your Jangle,  I know getting old is sa bitch stay in touch and the best to you
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

alfstone

It's a great loss for the Songcrafters community, Willie, but we can only accept and respect your decision and wish you all the best.

Ciao e grazie
Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Farrell Jackson

Willie, I fully understand the age related problems you have listed. I also suffer from those afflictions, as we've discussed. They are real life obstacles to playing, recording and mixing music to our own satisfaction. From my experience, it can be very disheartening to compare what one has done in the past with the music one is doing now. I view making and playing music as a physical and mental therapy but that's me. Having said all that, your songs and skills seem to be holding up well to my old ears and I enjoying listening to all of your songs. I hope you stay at it and maybe just take a break so you can settle into this new phase of life. I know I'll (and many others) will miss your creative music should you hang up your guitars but I understand if that's the case. I wish you well in whatever you choose to do......All the best to you my friend.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike_S

Quote from: alfstone on December 09, 2019, 07:21:41 AMIt's a great loss for the Songcrafters community, Willie, but we can only accept and respect your decision and wish you all the best.

Ciao e grazie
Alfredo

Damn... this is a bit of a blow to Songcrafters. I have enjoyed many of your tunes over the last few years Willie and will continue into the future as I have a few favourites on my iTunes. I have been a big fan of your music and will miss not hearing those beautiful lead lines of yours in the latest songs jukebox. We respect your decision fully Willie... but if you feel like dropping just the odd tune on if you are up to it it would be great (apologies if I have missed any of your tunes in the last couple of months by the way as work commitments have left me fairly hampered here as well as a broken laptop).

All the best
Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

This is sad news brother. I feel,much like myself, music and songwriting run through your veins. You are such a talent and if we are graced with no more Willie songs, I will miss them. I do hope you enjoy yourself in whatever you do.

And when that next song creeps from inside...be sure to post it.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Willie - really sad to hear that, its a big part of all of us and that one is a tough decision to have to be made.
All the best,
Bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

Sorry to hear this Willie, always been impressed that you have your own instantly recognisable sound. Take care brother.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Sad news Willie, you've been here a long time, you're one of the most prolific contributors and you've produced some of the best listening on our site. I get where you're coming from though, if the time is right for you then you must do what you feel you need to do.

There's always an open door and a warm welcome for you here, pop by from time to time.

Take care and thanks for all you've given us. 

Mike.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.