"block it out" by osckilo with vox by orh "stream of thought"

Started by Oldrottenhead, May 22, 2009, 07:49:35 AM

OsCKilO

Andy

Your stuff is great!

Thanks for checking us out!

Your music is the stuff that The Evil Mrs Osckilo  Goes Nuts for!

We are fans!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bro

If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

AndyR

Thanks guys  :)

Luckily, the evil Mrs R quite likes what I'm doing at the moment (however, if it sounded more like Bucks Fizz - which I can hear in the background at the moment :o - she might like it even more  :D)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

OsCKilO

Give it a try........ Lol ;D

New sounds are always fun! :D

And she'd be pleased which is the main thing!

Eurovison here we come!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Satchwood

Cool song guys - great lyrics and singing ORH! 

Cool written & sung explaination for the creativity flow...
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman

Another great collab, the combo of osckilo and ORH is turning out great material. The stream of consciousness works well with the style of osckilo's music, creatung a deep and involving feeling which draws you into te overall sound. Layers of vox would be good if you have time.

Stream of consciousness wouldn't work for me. I take weeks over words. I'm working on a song at present and have spent at least six weeks on the lyrics so far, and it's based on a written work so some of the owrds aren't even mine. I have been struggling to get two lines of one verse sorted out for the last two weeks and it's still not there. So huge admiration for ORH, Greeny and other lyricists that can produce a lot of words but always leep them interesting and thoughtful.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i keep meaning to add backing vox to this one, then my mail box has more tunes to work on, i need to get organised nigel i will get to unicordia promise, but mrs orh needs my attentions too lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

How could I miss this ...... too much information .... I'm really not trying to block it out .. This is a song ORH, that pushes bounderies ;)... love how you write your song. And Osckilo : you rule !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bosko Schwartz

WOW! :o

There are so many incredible collaborations here!  Another reason I love this forum.  First, the music is just amazing.  I am definitely becoming a big Osckilo fan!  Very dreamy, very ambient.  The drums are programmed so well that not only does it not bother me that they're not real -- I actually don't want real drums on this one.  From me, that's saying a lot!

ORH, what can I say?  Every other post seems to be from you.  You are the most prolific lyricist/vocalist in here, without question.  And everything I've heard so far has been fantastic.  I don't know why people say your voice sounds different every time.  Perhaps you use different styles for different songs, but now that I've heard a few songs by you, your voice is very recognizable.  And that is definitely a good thing!  Do you play any instruments?

Awesome work, gentleman! :D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

OsCKilO

Thank You Bosko!!!!!! ;)

It means a lot! You and along with the rest of "The Stan Laurels" are Amazing and highly accomplished!

A great addition to this site!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR