six fingers on the left hand ??

Started by Jean Pierre, November 06, 2019, 11:05:39 AM

Jean Pierre

by looking at the attached picture, you can see why Pierre Bensusan, French guitarist, plays so well: he has 6 fingers on his left hand!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Mike_S

Now this is strange

Not just Pierre with the 6 fingers... I was actually reading an article today about an old Bluesman "Hound Dog Taylor" who had six fingers on each hand too apparently!!

What a co-incidence!

recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on November 06, 2019, 11:05:39 AMby looking at the attached picture, you can see why Pierre Bensusan, French guitarist, plays so well: he has 6 fingers on his left hand!

Erm, what is he fretting with his ring finger?  ;D  Looks to me like someone was having fun with Photoshop... :)

Bensusan refutes polydactyly myth.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

cuthbert

I found the original photo - he was not fretting anything with that ring finger after all! Even with five fingers (including thumb), that's still a heckuva reach.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

alfstone

So....first (OK), third (OK) and SEVENTH ???????????? fret....Oh mio Dio....  :o

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Jean Pierre

I see that my picture has generated some interesting comments  :D
I can confirm you for having seen him in small concert halls that he does have 5 fingers too, we can believe we are equal.
But not even if I had 8 fingers on each hand I couldn't do a quarter of what Pierre Bensusan does (this turn of phrase reminds me a little of Bilbo the Hobbit's speech when he leaves the county...)

and to conclude this magnificent picture of a huge guitarist Ida Presti who also needed no more than 5 fingers on her left hand

Have a good evening, guys.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo