Blue screen of Death

Started by kenny mac, October 12, 2019, 04:04:34 AM

kenny mac

Hi there friends,
I was in the home studio and my computer came up with the blue screen of death and then cut out.
It's currently being looked at so fingers crossed.
So although I use a stand alone recording process I use the computer for turning the waves into mp3 and making my videos
etc.
I'll keep you posted.

Mike_S

I hate computer problems... they get me very upset... great that your music is not a total prisoner to it though.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Speed Demon

Kenny, the dreaded Blue Screen of Death usually indicates a problem with the motherboard.
Possibly due to more than one application attempting to occupy the same memory at the same time.
How old is your computer?

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

kenny mac

Quote from: Speed Demon on October 12, 2019, 11:24:38 AMKenny, the dreaded Blue Screen of Death usually indicates a problem with the motherboard.
Possibly due to more than one application attempting to occupy the same memory at the same time.
How old is your computer?

Hi Gene,the computer is 7 years old.
It's a big spec computer that for me at the time was expensive

but I needed it for speed for my videos etc so my fingers are crossed that it's going to get fixed????

Hook

Crap!
Hope you get it all sorted out brother!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

TPB

yEP HAD THE SAME THING HAPPENED YEARS AGO NOT ONLY LOSS THE MUSIC BUT SOM OF THE MUSIC APPS. nOW THERE IS TWO EXTRA HARD DRIVES ON IT ONE FOR A BACK UP AND THE OTHER FOR A BACK UP OF THE BACK UP
tIM
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

TPB

Sorry for the caps when I hit reply at work the typing box is all grey and I can not see what I am typing no ideal why this is tried changing the back ground no joy
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

kenny mac

kenny mac

Well got my computer back,it turns out it needed a new hard drive.
Only thing now is it's like a new computer and all my apps where lost etc.
Luckily I worked out how to get my Sony Vegas video software back and I'm in the process of adding my dropbox etc.
Only thing was I used something called arcsoft platinum to convert audio to mp3and videos to etc and I've lost that.
Any suggestions?

Hook

Not sure for video conversion but Switch works well for audio. I dont think its free anymore though. Glad you got the PC Crap worked out.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely