Away!

Started by Flash Harry, September 27, 2019, 09:06:20 AM

bruno

Quote from: Flash Harry on October 05, 2019, 01:44:29 PMIf I never ever again drive in Naples, it will be too soon.

I liked Herculaneum, fascinating place to visit.   

Herculaneum is an amazing place - equally as interesting as Pompeii

Driving in Naples is 'interesting' - I was glad to get a transfer rather than drive myself, I don't think I would cope with the shear craziness of the driving, and the sheer drops....
Sounds like you had an amazing time ...
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Ferryman

Well done! How did you get back? If you didn't drive, what did you do with the cars?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

alfstone

Quote from: bruno on October 06, 2019, 03:24:07 AM
Quote from: Flash Harry on October 05, 2019, 01:44:29 PMIf I never ever again drive in Naples, it will be too soon.

I liked Herculaneum, fascinating place to visit.   

Herculaneum is an amazing place - equally as interesting as Pompeii

Driving in Naples is 'interesting' - I was glad to get a transfer rather than drive myself, I don't think I would cope with the shear craziness of the driving, and the sheer drops....
Sounds like you had an amazing time ...
B

...driving here in Palermo probably is even *better*...can you confirm, James?  ;D

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Flash Harry

Quote from: Ferryman on October 07, 2019, 07:31:54 AMWell done! How did you get back? If you didn't drive, what did you do with the cars?

We scrapped the car, the suspension was falling apart, turbo knackered, electrics failing, steering bordering on dangerous, and the tank was empty.

Naples to Manchester in 3 hours, courtesy of Jet2.

I don't think I would have enjoyed driving back in 2 days.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Quote from: Flash Harry on October 07, 2019, 02:28:53 PMWe scrapped the car, the suspension was falling apart, turbo knackered, electrics failing, steering bordering on dangerous, and the tank was empty.
Damn French engineering. The people I know that did a banger run in an old Alfa 156 decided they loved the car so much they drove it all the way back. But it hadn't fallen apart on the way.....

Well done though, it was for a good cause.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR