"Back To The '70s" a Hook original for BawdyFest

Started by Hook, September 20, 2019, 03:47:13 AM

Hook

Back To The '70s
Time:
0:00
Volume:
BawdyFest (banner image missing)

So I seem to be on a teeter totter of bawdiness right now. This one doesn't seem nearly bawdy enough and my other one might be entirely too bawdy...what to do? wrote the lyrics a few days ago and the music/production yesterday in the car for the uke/vocal take and on the couch for the rest. Tenor Archtop Uke and the br80. drums are Garageband & bass & muted trombone are Thumbjam.
1 uke/vocal (stereo)
1 drums-GB(stereo)
1 plucked bass-TJ
1 musted trombone-TJ
Back To The '70s
written & performed by Hook
To be one with the heart and one with the mind
I would assume you be having sex all of the time
To be spiritually mindful of the immediacy
I would think it's a bad idea for priests to practice celibacy

Oh you got to let it go
you got to get it out
you got to get funky
Scream & Shout
got to become a hot sweaty mess
Let's go back to the seventies
where everybody said yes

I was too young and missed the revolution
and when I came of age also came sex pollution
people dying a national scare
So we cuddled and petted and kissed and touched
but never went all the way there

Today you need to be mindful
and honest in your intentions
respectful and kind
no slapping behinds
Unless of course we've reached a consensus

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

cuthbert

Oh, this is a time I remember well - the gates started closing (if you'll pardon the expression) in the early to mid-Eighties.

Nice work on this, Hook - nice, full production, and the TJ muted trombone adds to the bawdiness of it all.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Groundy

Your,e on the ball Hook.
Well done my friend...
Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Romidon

Dude!!

MY 'consensus' is; you're one nasty individual, and it has NOTHING to do with this song...  ;)    :o 

Glad to see inspiration and productivity are STILL keeping you motivated.   I'll say again; you're one of the most prolific songwriters I know!

Another great song filled with astute observations of bygone days!  This one seems less 'internal' as some of your other material has been of late but no less heartfelt.  The main melody is catchy and reminiscent of songs sung at the bar waving a frothy mug (mug of beer, NOT one's face!) to and fro..

I love the 'wha-wha' sounds (muted trombones?) that bring images of barely clad, big-assed ladies swaying their, um, ass-ets in time to the song..

While the 70's saw the apex and then rapid decline of the hippie total 'free love' era (in the blink of an eye bell-bottoms and long-haired men were OUT [leaving me in desperate need of a new wardrobe AND hairstyle..]), it DID contribute to better hygiene..  ;)

Thank you, Hook, for this Bawdy submission.   :D

romidon.

Spot on Hook, I enjoyed the 70's as it happens and this sort of took me back, great listen.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Great job with each instrument and so well put together! Catchy chorus indeed!

Fest on!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

I was a hot sweaty teen in the 70s and sadly pretty much everyone said no  ;) But I was young and naive.....

Really enjoyed this. Loved the trombone, it adds a really nice flavour to this one. As always you make great use of the uke and it's a very clever song. Beautifully sung as well. Bravo!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR