"A Source Of Peace?"a Hook original for GhostFest

Started by Hook, August 25, 2019, 10:28:13 AM

Hook

A Source Of Peace
Time:
0:00
Volume:
GhostStories (banner image missing)

I wrote this yesterday and recorded it this morning at my kitchen table. It's my Hilo Baritone Uke (tuned low) and the bass, steel guitar & synth choir are from Thumbjam & the drums are from garageband.
1 barition uke (stereo)
1 drums-GB(stereo)
1 stand up bass-TJ
1 steel guitar-TJ(stereo)
1 synth choir-TJ(stereo)
1 vocal (stereo)

A Source Of Peace?
written & performed by Hook
Haunted
By memory
Indefinitely
Destiny

Will your presence
Be a source of peace

Comforted
By unfortune
Painful
Reminder

Will your presence
Be a source of peace
Or will you just
Torment me

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Romidon

Wow!

From the very first note, as you say in the song; 'Haunted'..  (You slipped another festival entry right under the wire..   :o )

This is another beautifully mellow song of self evaluation...  (On the music player it lists the song as 'by' "A Source of Peace?".  Imo THAT should be the title of the song.  WITH the question mark, as the last line creates the sense of ambiguity..  [Just a thought..  :) ] )

Still amazed at how you whittled down days of editing to, what; a couple hours??  ::)  Creating this hauntingly moving song. 

(The contrast of being 'comforted' by 'unfortune' [using your 'poetic license' here; but the meaning fully understood] really works for me..  As does, as I've stated, the last line in adding to the overall 'haunting' atmosphere of the song.)

Thank you Hook!

romidon.

Mike_S

Very haunting Hook. I love the eerie intro. This is very disturbing indeed but a great capturing of emotion and as usual full of originality and quirkiness.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Just what Mike said; loved the haunting feel...steel guitar and choir are amazing!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Good job Hook, I think some very fine songs are done in a hurry, while it still burns in the brain. I like the ethereal feel the steel guitar lends to this piece.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800