Bought a Harley Benton strat kit

Started by bruno, August 20, 2019, 07:22:32 AM

bruno

£60, all predrilled - all the parts and electronics, plus £10 delivery. Arrived yesterday, never done this before, am I crazy?????
Looks a bit like an airfix kit :-) The neck looks pretty good, bit of backbow and some fret rocking, nothing too much. I think I've binged watch most of the luther youtube videos, so am confident (famous last words). What could possibly go wrong????? I have some deep orange woodstain at the ready and some luther tools from Amazon, and ready to rock! Pictures and sounds may following....... it depends

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Pete C

Looking forward to see how your build goes - always fancied building a kit guitar myself. Make sure you post some photos !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Bruno, you're a braver man than me,  :). I'm sure it will turn out great. I look forward to seeing and hearing your finished beauty!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

TPB

HAve fun still have and play monster built Strat pieces from everywhere and a upgrade from Guitar fetish they sell some nice pick ups and parts
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

cuthbert

Very cool, bruno - building a guitar from a kit has been on my bucket list for a while, except I just don't seem to have the time these days.

I am interested in following your progress, though!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Flash Harry

Me too!

at £60 it's a steal.

have you the link?
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

kenny mac

This sounds pretty awesome,I would like to refinish a squire strat I have  but dont know if I would ruin it lol.

Hook

Thats awesome brother. I cant wait to see and hear it.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hilary

I was wondering what it was going to be  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Jean Pierre

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo