"Always" a Hook original

Started by Hook, August 15, 2019, 09:17:40 AM

Hook

Always
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Wrote this yesterday, recorded this morning LITLR at the kitchen table. Kala Archtop Uke & the BR80.
Always
written & performed by Hook
Where do you go
when you feel blue
who do you turn to
Do you have someone
Or are you alone
So far from home

There will always be a place for you
Right here with us
We will always love you
Thats something you can trust
You can go your own way
I truly do understand
But know I'll be here for you
Waiting to fit back in your plan

Who do you ask
When you dont know
I really miss that role
If you are scared
Who will comfort you
Thats suppose to be me too

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Beautiful. Loved the way you play on the verse, very nice touch on it. And the chord progression on chorus is just fantastic!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Romidon

What do you say to one of the most prolific songwriters you know?

Once again, you've exposed your heart to the world.  This time your heart break has created a mournful song of acceptance..  Just..  Simply moving and..  Beautiful.

Thank you, Hook.

romidon.

TPB

Outstanding Loved the intro it setup the whole song well done really liked this one
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ella

This is so beautiful. so touching. Minimalistic but so perfect. Beautifully sung and played. To me playing this kind of song would be difficult to play because of timing, but you play it perfectly.

Oldrottenhead

getting goosebumps here. beautiful brother.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

You lay your heart right out there brother.
So,it's now Saturday night at 11.56pm,I'm lying in my bed in Glasgow,Scotland with my headphones in listening to this sites stuff and I play this,emersed in the dark except for the light of the iPad and I'm there,right there in that space in your head and I feel that emotion and fragility in those words.
You could put this story to a hundred different scenarios,it's like looking at art,everyone sees and feels something different .
There is always something in music we can cling to.
Always a lyric we can register with.
And always a vibe we can connect with.
My point really is your in Florida,I'm in the Uk but something connects in words and in music and makes you put yourself in the same space,so powerful bro.
Respect.

Ferryman

Wow. Playing catch up here and this is so raw and heartfelt. It really shows in the performance. Simple but very, very effective.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Another excellent post, you have the knack of making the minimal sound huge. Top class lyrics.
Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

A song written and performed from the heart. Simple but powerful..................
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?