"I Do" a Hook original

Started by Hook, August 08, 2019, 09:22:38 AM

Hook

I Do
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The main uke riff and vocals were done in the car and the rest was done poolside at my community pool. drums are both Garageband and Drum Jam. Uke is my Archtop Kala Tenor and the bass is my Hadean U-bass. All recorded on the BR80.
1 rythm uke(stereo)
1 drum set-GB(stereo)
1 aux percussion-DJ(stereo)
1 U-bass
1-uke harmonics
1-Lead uke(stereo)
1- verse vocal (stereo)
1 Chorus vocal(stereo)
I Do
written & performed by Hook
Blindsided
caught off guard
Not sure what to do
lies lies lies lies

No one will ever love you more than I do

Shaken
to the Core
beaten
my heart can't take no more

Fractured
Splintered and shattered
Ruthlessly
Torn apart

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mike_S

Powerful stuff Hook. Love the melody and what gets me is how full sounding a use can sound. I swore it was a guitar doing the lead until I read the instrument list.

Great song!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

You sure do get a lot out of your Ukes. You make them sound like different instruments. Nicely done Hook!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Flash Harry

UKES!!!!! 

This sounds fantastic, beautifully written and constructed,  50 years after Abbey Road, this is the quality that can be produced using things that you can hold in the palm of your hand. 

Excellent stuff Hook! 

Uke- on! 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Romidon

Thank God for music!   I hope it's helping working through RL...

I feel pain in both this song and your submission to the 'Ghost Stories' Festival, 'This Ghost of You'.

With 'I Do' I love how the music works with the lyrics, yet is almost a stark contrast to them:   You could write happy-go-lucky lyrics and they would fit perfectly with the music, yet the desperation that explodes from your words complements the mood the music sets just as perfect.

Hang in there; there is the light of better times beyond where you are now.  And keep cranking out the jams!

(BTW; where IS your car located when you're recording?  In your garage?  On your carport?  In a Wal-Mart parking lot??: 

I just have this image of people walking by your house, or by your car out somewhere watching this focused, passionate crazy guy screaming and strumming intensely then stopping and picking up some strange device playing with it for awhile then going back to the singing and strumming.  And they're wondering what the hell is going on while picking up the pace as they pass by...   :o )

It's all good, brother!  ;)  Stay safe!  I look forward to your next submission!!

romidon.

Redler

That's the unique Hook uke tone, I love it!

I like this right from the first note. Catchy stuff indeed!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

TPB

The sound you get out of the car recording is always impressive.  Well done excellent song
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

kenny mac

Wow....playing catch up on this site and there's some brilliant stuff.
Getting an almost Santana vibe from this.
The anguish of the lyrics scream out into a sea of
colourful music.
I love it.

Ferryman

Catching up here as well, this is simply stunning. I would not have known these were ukes unless you had told me (which you did...). The overall composition, use of the instruments and the production are pretty damn awesome. And the vocal performance is really strong, but based on Romidon's post there may be real angst driving this, the passion really comes through in your performance.

I'd be interested to know where your car is when you record. I do my vocals in the car because it's the only place I feel comfortable cranking my voice up to full power. I'm in the garage where no-one can see or hear me....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR