Censorship?

Started by Bosko Schwartz, May 20, 2009, 11:34:50 AM

Bosko Schwartz

There's no censorship in this forum, correct?  I just want to make sure I can cuss like a sailor when applicable/necessary and not get booted out of here.
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Bluesberry

You feel like venting Bosco?  I don't think there is much in the way of censorship in terms of the odd swear word.  The big no-no here is personal, nasty attacks against another member, that's not nice, but just getting excited or whatever and expressing yourself with the odd juicy word, let fly.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bosko Schwartz

No, I don't do personal attacks; we'll leave that to Fox News.  I was just making sure because I don't want to get booted.  You see, I really like this fucking place! ;D

Greeny

I think this place does very well to show sensible restraint with swearing and explicit content - i.e. it's there, but it's not used gratuitously, which is just the way it should be.

The only thing I'd be aware of though is that we do have some younger members on here. But I'm sure you'll be told (gently) if you overstep the mark!

Bro

Quote from: Greeny on May 21, 2009, 03:21:24 AMThe only thing I'd be aware of though is that we do have some younger members on here. 

Well as far as I'm concerned I'm the youngest member, and i can take a bit of swearing :) I even do it myself sometimes.

But yeah, as long as your not talking like the folks at youtube, everything should solve it self :D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

jkevinwolfe

None of my posts have ever been ********.

Bosko Schwartz

Well, I know you can handle it, 0jimi0!  You're doing an album called "The Sensual Horse Fucker," for Christ's sake!

Had I seen that post before this, I wouldn't have even asked about censorship.  I don't think I'll have any problems.

Greeny

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on May 21, 2009, 07:36:59 AMWell, I know you can handle it, 0jimi0!  You're doing an album called "The Sensual Horse Fucker," for Christ's sake!

:D :D :D :D :D

Flash Harry

Just don't fucking swear though.

As a young punk (late 70's) we (the band I was playing in) had a song called 'Please don't swear', which we stole from some bunch of toffee nosed public school boys band (if it was you, or anyone else on here, I apologise for the theft, the use and the subsequent claim to the authoring and composition of the song), and played in the pubs and clubs of North Eastern England. (Our World tour started at Northallerton and ended in Billingham).

It was there to shock as most early Punk was, the last line being 'Please don't Fucking swear' which everybody except our parents loved.

It's lost it's impact, sadly, as much of the English language has. Things are 'Awesome', 'Horrifying', 'Outrageous', 'Amazing' without being more than mildly interesting, mildly odd or simply dull. So it is with swearing. I don't like using the 'C' word particularly, unless I'm pissed and talking to ORH.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

SdC

Quote from: Flash Harry on May 21, 2009, 08:29:21 AM.....
It's lost it's impact, sadly, as much of the English language has. Things are 'Awesome', 'Horrifying', 'Outrageous', 'Amazing' without being more than mildly interesting, mildly odd or simply dull. So it is with swearing. I don't like using the 'C' word particularly, unless I'm pissed and talking to ORH.

Yeah but mostly in spoken language;  it's a waterfall of meaningless babble it's like y'know...
However the written word is a different means of communication; it comes across much harsher, and may convey an image of yourself that is not really true.

recorder
Boss BR-600