My present!

Started by Mike_S, July 08, 2019, 09:44:25 AM

Mike_S

This was my birthday present from my wife...!

I have some old vinyl that I have not been able to play for many years... must be 20 years since i played any of my vinyl. So the first thing i did was put on "Close to the Edge" by Yes and tried to see which side of the fence i stand on with regard to the whole "Vinyl sounds better than CD or MP3 or whatever". I remember when CDs came out they were supposed to sound better than Vinyl...

Anyway, stuck it on... sounded great, very clear...

recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Nice little present! Congrats, Mike.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Redler

Looks cool! Congrats!

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

A nice present Mike! I still have a small vinyl collection but my turntable went by the wayside years ago. I need to look for another one.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Pete C

Nice present Mike - we've loads of records that we can't play anymore - could do with one myself.   I bought a little turntable a few years ago which plugged into the cd/radio stack we had. Then the wife decided stack systems were out of date and got rid of it. Now we've nothing to play records or CDs ! Fortunately she bought one of those Amazon Alexa things so if there's something I want to listen to, chances are they're on there. Not same as looking through your old record collection though !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800