Anyone seen a ghost?

Started by Pete C, July 06, 2019, 01:32:15 PM

Pete C

I was inspired by listening to ORH's song  https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=28883.0

Quite a few years ago I had a really strange dream where I was in some sort of dungeon with some other people and we were fighting, with swords, what I can only describe as goblins. These goblins were getting the better of us and I remember thinking in my dream that this is it, they're going to kill us. I woke up and my heart was absolutely pounding, realised I was in bed but when I turned my head there was a man and woman standing watching me - I can still picture them now. Although I couldn't make out their faces, it was an older woman with shoulder length hair in a white dress with red flowers on it and a man stood just behind her. I remember blinking a couple of times and then they just faded away. I know people can have a heart attack caused by a dream and I still think was it perhaps my grandparents come to collect me ? Still baffles me to this day !

Not sure if I do believe in ghosts but interesting to see what experiences other SC members have had !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

I've never seen a ghost but have seen many shadows of spirits, I think? I had to sage my house not long after my sister passed away. I kept seeing shadows or streaks out of the corner of my eye but only when I was alone. I thought it might be her spirit so a friend suggested I light some sage in my house and give her permission to move on. I thought it was bit corny but I did it anyway. No more shadows or streaks after that day.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike_S

I have had a few experiences -  things I guess I thought I had seen that seemed strange when I was a kid, but I am putting them down to just being young and wanting to believe it was a ghost or an apparition of some kind. I guess that seems more exciting than the more likely explanation, that they must have been some sort of trick of the light or trick of the mind of some kind.

But the one that scared me the most was when I woke up in the middle of the night from a bad dream or nightmare and when i looked down at the foot of the bed there was a strange ghostly / spirit like female floating there. I was really freaked out and convinced it was a ghost at the time, but again I think there is probably a more likely explanation...
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

i know my song kinda inspired this thread, not seen any ghosts myself, although i have seen the occasional pink elephant.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I lived in a graveyard for 10 years (my dad was the gravedigger). I've never seen or heard anything supernatural.

But that's partly because I don't believe in ghosts, pixies, fate, magic, horoscopes, gods, voodoo, the Loch Ness monster, werewolves, tarot, or miracles. Or myself.

64Guitars

Quote from: Greeny on July 14, 2019, 07:04:13 PMBut that's partly because I don't believe in ghosts, pixies, fate, magic, horoscopes, gods, voodoo, the Loch Ness monster, werewolves, tarot, or miracles. Or myself.
I believe in you, Tim.  But not any of that other stuff. Although, some of them make for good entertainment.  :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

chapperz66

I have never seen a ghost but I do have a claim to fame.  The girl in the Enfield poltergeist incident,  later made into The Conjuring 2 film went to my senior school,  Ambrose Fleming  in Enfield North London.  I think she was a couple of years younger than me so I didn't really know her.  There were loads of stories going around the school but couldn't confirm the story or refute it.  I  can be totally certain however that there are no houses in Green Street anywhere near the size as the one in the film.

bruno

Quote from: chapperz66 on July 16, 2019, 07:07:24 AMI have never seen a ghost but I do have a claim to fame.  The girl in the Enfield poltergeist incident,  later made into The Conjuring 2 film went to my senior school,  Ambrose Fleming  in Enfield North London.  I think she was a couple of years younger than me so I didn't really know her.  There were loads of stories going around the school but couldn't confirm the story or refute it.  I  can be totally certain however that there are no houses in Green Street anywhere near the size as the one in the film.
Blimey Paul, you were only up the road from me - my school was at the top end of Wood Green :-)

recorder
Boss BR-1600

chapperz66

Wow, Bruno. Although I went to school in Enfield,  I actually lived in Edmonton which is even closer.  I played in a few pubs not too far from Wood Green. The Fox I think it was called on Green Lanes. And the Spurs. That was a pint and a fight pub.
Paul

Ted

Here's a video I did about what spook believers insist was a ghost:

There's some more information in this blog post:

A Skeptic's "Ghost" Story
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac