Android alternative to Garageband

Started by Pete C, May 25, 2019, 03:36:00 AM

Pete C

Spent a few days in Krakow, Poland last week and when I got on the plane to com home, I found I'd lost my ipad mini and Kindle  :(

Emailed the hotel and the airport lost and found but no luck - some b*****d has obviously had away with them.

I've decided to replace them with an android tablet and a new Kindle as I can get both for much less than the price of a new ipad mini.

What I'll miss though is Garageband - I didn't realise it was only available for Apple products. For the past few years I've used the Garageband Smart Keys and Keyboard when I've added any keyboard parts to my tracks. The Smart Keys was useful as you could assign chords to pads which you just tap to play rather than play chords in the usual way (I'm not a keyboard player).

Anyone know any android apps which offer the same sort of variety of keyboards and easy chord function?

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Ahh...there's the rub. In all honesty, android hasn't been able to produce anything that even remotely compares to Apple. I guess its this "latency" issue I've heard about but they really are complete garbage apps.
I have an android phone but I also have an IPad just for my music apps. I suggest you go to a pawn shop or order a used Iphone or IPad. You dont needs service on the device itself, just a Wi-Fi connection to download the apps. Once they are on the device you can use it anywhere. Personally I cant be without it for producing music now. What Apple has done with thier music apps is truly amazing and android hasnt even gotten close.
Sorry about you losing your pads, good luck.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Hook on May 25, 2019, 03:54:07 AMAhh...there's the rub. In all honesty, android hasn't been able to produce anything that even remotely compares to Apple. I guess its this "latency" issue I've heard about but they really are complete garbage apps.
I have an android phone but I also have an IPad just for my music apps. I suggest you go to a pawn shop or order a used Iphone or IPad. You dont needs service on the device itself, just a Wi-Fi connection to download the apps. Once they are on the device you can use it anywhere. Personally I cant be without it for producing music now. What Apple has done with thier music apps is truly amazing and android hasnt even gotten close.
Sorry about you losing your pads, good luck.
Rock on!
ditto what hook sez.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

alfstone

If possible, give back your Android tablet and buy a new iPad.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Pete C

Thanks for your advice Hook, ORH and Alfredo. I should have done a bit more research first before rushing into it ! I was trying to save a bit of money as I also had to have my car in the garage this week so it's been an expensive time. One bit of luck though, I remembered that I had a copy of Garageband on my i-pod. It's only got a small screen but I can still use Smart Keys if I want to add some keyboard chords.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800