"Multiple Dimensions" a Hook original

Started by Hook, May 14, 2019, 08:15:17 AM

Hook

So here it is, my most ambitious song/recording to date. It clocks in around 10:30 so it's an investment but I'm particularly proud of this one. I've been listening to alot of records (yes vinyl) and have been into The Cure lately so this is definitely inspired by them. There's alot going in this one, hopefully I can remember what I did. Thanks to 64guitars for helping me get this uploaded to songcrafters. All done on the BR80 mostly in the car.
1 rhythm Uke/delayed
1 rhythm Uke/chorus
1 drum-GB (stereo)
1 u-bass
1st lead guitar(stereo)
2nd lead guitar(stereo)
1 TC Performer app/ThumbJam(stereo)
1 round sine/thumbjam(stereo)
1 theremin/ThumbJam
1 lead vocal
2nd vocal
Multiple Dimensions
written & performed by Hook
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Travelling
Like a moth to the flame
Being pulled away
From the map of the stars
Ending up here
so much the same
But all unfolds
Quite differently

Uniquely designed
Carefully crafted
Stretching over
Multiple dimensions
Bending space
Refracting time
folding in
Multiple dimensions

Each jump I take
creates Confusion
A mystery of sorts
Laid out just for me

Clues lead to puzzles
solving brings another
That tears the fabric
Of this reality

Deeper I fall
Or perhaps I'm pulled
Under it all
Into the roots

& though I'm connected
No answers received
Nothing is for sure
In this strange place

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mike_S

Hey Hook.... this is pretty mind bending stuff... And you are right there is a touch of the Cure in there, but only a touch. It goes off into some seriously Psychedelic territory. Really well conceived and put together. Some lovely dark chord sequences.

The lyrics go well with the book I am reading (trying to read!!), Stephen Hawkings "The Big Questions". He talks about bending space and time and the universe having many possible histories and mind bending stuff like that. I really don't understand it much but it makes me think! But the vibe of your piece really takes the listener "out there", there are some seriously off the wall melodies going on... great stuff Hook... and big up to 64 for sorting out getting it posted!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Nice psychedelic vibe - can't believe it over ten minutes long, the shortest ten minutes in my life - more please!!

Each instrument has put well together - is it tremolo that puts unreal feel to this on places...

Rock on!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

That was a trip mate,full of lovely instrumental sounds.
The guitar tone is great ,what is it through?
This os Almost like a Zeppelin type song.
Bravo sir,back with a vengeance.

Farrell Jackson

Hook, first off that was a quick 10:30 minutes listen...the end was here before I realized it. I can see that you've been doing some deep thinking with those lyric. You've used the theremin to great affect...it supports the songs psychedelic vibe perfectly. Placing the main inst. lead section right after the lyric line "Into the roots" was the perfect spot to pull the listener deeper into the roots of the words and music. I can hear and see why you're proud of this one, well done!

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Kenneth

This is nothing less than brilliant.
Well mixed, love solo and effects going from side to side, all the work you did...

"Rock on"!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Hook

Quote from: Redler on May 14, 2019, 09:36:55 PM- is it tremolo that puts unreal feel to this on places...
Quote from: kenny mac on May 16, 2019, 06:22:38 AMThe guitar tone is great ,what is it through?
The guitar is going through the Pan Drive setting on the br80 which sends the tone back and forth (right and me left) over the stereo field giving it that swirly, psychedelic feel. Not tremmelo but I think thats what your refering to Redler.
Thank you guys so much for listening, I know 10 min is quite a bit. You guys and gals here at SC rock!
On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Pete C

What a  great song Hook !  I always like your work but it's great to hear a full arrangement from you - I enjoyed the first listen through speakers but it's even better through headphones - so much going on that I didn't hear first time. I get the Cure influence from the guitars and the bass. A quality piece of music !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

launched

Friggin' marvelous! I miss the epic tunes, thrilled to hear this, you make me want to pick up an instrument again.

Maybe I will now, thanks to you...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Hook

Quote from: launched on January 04, 2020, 10:01:24 PMyou make me want to pick up an instrument again.

Maybe I will now, thanks to you...
You better brother! Good to hear from you. Are you heading south for the winter?
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely