therapy tune

Started by shiggity, May 19, 2009, 10:13:16 AM

shiggity

say it to me now
Time:
0:00
Volume:
been a miserable sack of **** latley and recorded this just cuz I love depressing music when Im like this. Ill listen to this track over and over again and last night I decided to learn it and throw it to the wolves.

Its a Glen Hansard tune from the movie Once.

Not really all that happy with it but I did just learn last night it so... It'll get better

Bluesberry

Holy man that is a powerful performance.  You just blew me away, when the vocal gets really going, I almost jumped out of my seat.  It sounds really good.  You have a good voice to be able to pull off something like this.  This is as raw and powerful as it gets.  It may not have come from a totally upbeat place but I sure got a charge out of listening to it.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Great singing & strummin dude!  you definitely have some strong lung power there!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

It's Better to Burn Out then Fade away!

Raw acoustic power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Satchwood

I'm with you on this Geir - very suitably quoted! 

There's day's I think I would love to sing this song - and Shig's got the guts to record it and all of it's emotional content for us to enjoy!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

Damn!!!!!!

Such power!!!!

Great session Bro!

Great post....

Peace

T (Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Raw, powerful with emotion behind this - I like it! 8)

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

That's what I call putting yourself into a song. I'd have had the neighbours calling the police if I'd done a vocal like that! Seriously though, this is excellent. There's nothing wrong with using those 'bad' places we find ourselves in to create something - especially when something as raw, powerful and heart-rending as this comes out. Thanks for posting this one.

shiggity

thanks guys. I'm gonna rerecord this one live, I was going over it last night and its already sounding better than that poost. Cant seem to be able tpo sing withput a guitar in my hand.

shiggity

oh and greeny, lol. I was actually in my garage, in my car with all the windows up for the vox. :p