Tascam portastudio dp03sd

Started by MrBud, May 09, 2019, 05:08:55 AM

MrBud

Does anyone know how i might simply save a song to the SD card with this device? [Driving me crazy!]
I've got 7 used tracks,that i did master,,Will playback only when in mastering mode,also when you see your song file,on the tascam,then inserting the SD card onto my laptop,the songs not reflected there?? Currently lacking proper USB hookup to computer,,
Any help appreciated !
Thank's all,,, George.
Up And Adam

64Guitars

Quote from: MrBud on May 09, 2019, 05:08:55 AMDoes anyone know how i might simply save a song to the SD card with this device? [Driving me crazy!]
By following the directions on page 65 of the DP-03SD Owner's Manual ("Exporting a stereo master track").

Quote from: MrBud on May 09, 2019, 05:08:55 AMwhen you see your song file,on the tascam,then inserting the SD card onto my laptop,the songs not reflected there??
The SD card of the DP-03SD is divided into two partitions:
  • MTR - (MultiTrack Recorder). This is where your song is, but you can't see this partition on your computer because it doesn't understand the format.
  • FAT - (File Allocation Table). This partition is what you see when you view the SD card on your computer.
To save your mastered song on your computer, you have to follow the procedure on page 65 which converts the mastered song to a WAV file and saves it to the FAT partition. If you then put the SD card in your computer, you'll find the WAV file in the WAVES folder of the SD card. You can then simply copy it from the WAVES folder to any folder on your computer's hard drive or any other writable storage device attached to the computer (external hard drive, Flash drive, memory card, etc).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

MrBud

Hey,Thank's so very much for the info,,,I get scrambled too easy with tech !  Tty soon,George.
Up And Adam