Proud of your kids musical efforts? Post here!

Started by Ferryman, May 18, 2009, 05:21:41 AM

Greeny

Flying Fishmonger... !

Not many words really, lol

I've got a funny face I've got an artificial pip
I got it from an apple when I took a trip
The jester's lost his rosy apple – i feel sad
I've got a little pip and it feels real bad

I'm a flying fishmonger...

I've got a funny face, I've got a pin in a foot
It hurts real bad when I read my books
The jester's lost his rosy apple – i feel sad
I've got a little pip and it feels real bad

I'm a flying fishmonger...

Bluesberry

That is absolutely dynamite Greeny.  The problem now is that because of posting this you can't nip this into one of your own songs.  The lyrics sound like something you would have wrote in one of your more inspired days.   :D  Really dynamite, thanks for sharing.  Your son has real promise with songwriting if this is his first song!!!!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 19, 2009, 06:03:55 AMThat is absolutely dynamite Greeny.  The problem now is that because of posting this you can't nip this into one of your own songs.  The lyrics sound like something you would have wrote in one of your more inspired days.   :D  Really dynamite, thanks for sharing.  Your son has real promise with songwriting if this is his first song!!!!!!

I've asked him if I can 'pinch' a couple of his recent ideas, and he won't let me. Not without a full writer's credit!

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on May 19, 2009, 06:15:37 AMI've asked him if I can 'pinch' a couple of his recent ideas, and he won't let me. Not without a full writer's credit!

And a share of the royalties.......

I just love this. Very sixties influenced, could have been on any psychedelic album.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Wow!! I'm entertained and envious at the same time! These kids will be able to pay for their hot cars and bad cheeseburgers by gigging when they get older!!

Later,

mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

3guitarsEddy

Nigel

Fair play to the lads for getting up doin it. not bad for their ages.

Regards

Eddy

Ferryman

Thanks Eddy, you're right, the good thing is they are prepared to have a go. Takes quite a lot to get a band together at that age.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Wow is right.  My stepdaughter is concerned that anything creative she does might be seen or heard by her classmates, and subject to criticism.  She has a very spontaneous, creative, and silly side that she is afraid to show her peers.

I need to play these for her and show her that not all 10-year-olds are cowed by the pressure to be mediocre.

I remember being in fourth or fifth grade and seeing some kids my age get up there and perform Something by the Beatles.  I was awed. It seemed so unattainable to me at the time.  It wasn't until I was 15 or 16 before I considered that I might be able to learn to play an instrument.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

Nigel those boys were really great. You have good reason to be proud!! SO great to see the youngster playing something else than guitarhero !!!

Tim, what can I say. your talent has obviously rubbed off on him !!!! Great song for a 9-year old, ............  hey ..... great song for a 45-year old !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

greeny what are you giving gabe for breakfast lol, obviously a chip off the old block, truly wonderful.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann