Proud of your kids musical efforts? Post here!

Started by Ferryman, May 18, 2009, 05:21:41 AM

Ferryman

I'm afraid this is a bit self indulgent, but I've been so impressed by what BAG has shown us with Kayla and Maddie that I wanted to publicize some of my son's own efforts. Sadly I forgot to record this number his band played at their school talent show on the MBR but I wanted to post the link anyway as I'm really proud of what these boys have achieved. These guys are all aged 13, and my son is playing the bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRMUlMNs6ns

The song is "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey.

And if you've got talented kids that you are proud of, post something here so it gives them a chance to get some feedback!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bluesberry

That is incredible Nigel.  Your son really plays great bass, he is all over that neck.  And what a great singer that other kid is hu.  Incredible.  These guys have been working hard.  And what a hot shop guitar player, he already has the lead guitar attitude, nice row of pedals he has.  Really great stuff.  I am glad you  posted this Nigel.  My son just turned 7 and I would love to see him doing something like this when 13 for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Thanks for the kind words Bluesberry, I agree I think they've done really well.

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 18, 2009, 05:54:45 AMMy son just turned 7 and I would love to see him doing something like this when 13 for sure.
I hope so - it's very rewarding. I didn't push. My son didn't show much interest in playing bass (he's a trombone player by training) until his friend (the guy in the video) took up guitar and wanted to form a band. They've been going for about three years now and altho I help out shifting gear and giving advice, the drive is all from them.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

way too cool, my daughters think they are hannah montanah but would kill me if i tried to record them singing
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

This is where osckilo hangs up our hats...........

They are soo much better than us!

We hate you all!!!!

Lol

Peace

Osckilo
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Greeny

Wow! What a great performance. And it's not like it's an easy song, so there's some serious talent going on there. I hope they stick together and make some more great music. You should be proud - both of your sons talent, and the fact you've influenced him in just the right way!

Greeny

GABE GREEN_Flying Fishmonger_DONE
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is one my 9 year old son (Gabe) wrote. It's his first piece of songwriting. He came to me with the lyrics and tune, and I figured it out on the guitar for him. We did this in the tent on our camping trip, so it's pretty rough - my son Gabriel on vocals and me on guitar and backing vox, with some extra backing vox from my gf's two sons. I added a couple of bits in audacity afterwards.

He needs to practice his singing, but the songwriting shows promise. I wonder where all this psychedelic stuff comes from though. You'd think he'd been listening to the Beatles or something... :D

This is 'Flying Fishmonger'....

Ferryman

Greeny, I love it! I think his vox are pretty good, especially on the chorus. This is really imaginative, and great that you all worked on it together. I know I couldn't have done anything like this at age 9, so give him a damn big well done from me! Writing lyrics is really, really hard and these sound great. This is going on the mp3 player, this and Dechromium Cob will give me a nice psychedelic trip!

Could you post the lyrics? I couldn't make them all out.

BTW, sounds pretty good considering you did it on a camping trip. This really made my day, thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on May 19, 2009, 04:23:18 AMWow! What a great performance. And it's not like it's an easy song, so there's some serious talent going on there. I hope they stick together and make some more great music. You should be proud - both of your sons talent, and the fact you've influenced him in just the right way!
Thanks. I felt this one was too complex for them but they went ahead anyway and really surprised me. They are working on some original material now so I will be doing a proper recording session with them on the MBR soon I hope.

Regards,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR