Everyday Hero (original)

Started by Bluesberry, May 17, 2009, 07:12:59 PM

Diego Ayala

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 11, 2009, 07:32:46 AMI may have only been playing for three years, but I took it very seriously and play everyday (I am fanatical about getting playing time in - I have a guitar in a stand in my dining room, just so I can grab it whenever I walk by and get in 5 minutes), so it is like a guy who plays once or twice a week for 10 years  :D.  I am making up for all those wasted years of not playing, I am 44 after all, no time to waste!  I didn't realize how important music was to me until I picked up that cheap acoustic 3 years ago, It was one of those life-changing moments for sure. 
jeezzzz, only 3 years of playin!?  Me thinks that music has always been inside of you!!! BB, I am nearing 52, and have not slowed down one bit!  "Wasted years", I don't think so --- I think you soacked up a lot of music in all those years => you are a very good musician, and able to express your songs/feelings in words, which I fail to have been able to accomplish so far...  Just cannot take that feeling and put it to words!  I wish I could, because it seems that people rather listen to songs w/ lyrics than instrumental stuff --- most people always say, man when are you going to put words to your songs ---

SteveG

I have GOT to start practising more!!!!

BB ... 3 yrs
SG ... Well, I am not saying now :(

Great song, really well played and produced. Keep em coming!

I am going to sulk now.

Bluesberry

Thanks guys, its funny about this songwriting, I started off trying to write a sorta English folk ballad sort of thing (???), but it took me in a different direction once I got started.  I find the whole thing to be so strange, I just listen to what I have so far and it suggests the next thing, and I go with it, really not sure what it will end up like.  Sometimes in the middle of a song I have no idea where it will end up and I don't like the sound at all, but I keep going, I'm stubborn like that, and poof it comes alive suddenly.  I like that part about writing songs very much, the surprise factor.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand