"Nieve Azul" by The Void

Started by Bosko Schwartz, May 17, 2009, 05:41:13 PM

Bluesberry

Had another listen, that is really beautiful.  What are you using here, is this a real piano?  It is recorded very nicely.  Care to share a bit of the recording method here Boscko.  I could listen to this all day!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Diego Ayala

Quote from: Ted on August 27, 2009, 11:14:40 AMVery nice piece, Bosko.

Bosko and Diego, your conversation reminds me of a concept album by Kim Barlow, called Luckyburden.

Barlow spent some time in the dead Yukon mining town of Keno City (population 20), and wrote a beautiful album of songs about the people she met there.

Snack Bar Piano is short piece is played on an old piano in the town's snack bar.

Madonna Mia is from the perspective of a woman who left Italy to live with her sweetheart in Canada, not knowing the nature of the town to which she was moving.

Ted thanks for sharing - went to website and was able to listen to a couple of songs - that bluegrassy sound is quite popular here in Nome and bush-Alaska.  Will be ordering the cd.  There are a lot of local musicians and composers in the Nome area - lots of material to use for song writing and inspiration - nothing like flying and working in bush-AK.

Ted

Quote from: Diego Ayala on August 28, 2009, 07:23:54 AMWill be ordering the cd.  There are a lot of local musicians and composers in the Nome area - lots of material to use for song writing and inspiration - nothing like flying and working in bush-AK.

Barlow has a smart edge to her stuff that isn't captured in the two sample songs you probably heard. I think you'll like it.

I've been to Anchorage overland via Tok, and to Juneau by air.  Hope to get back someday.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Facemask93

Bosko , i love your stuff whatever it is mate , this is bewitching

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder