"Nieve Azul" by The Void

Started by Bosko Schwartz, May 17, 2009, 05:41:13 PM

Bosko Schwartz

I agree, guitarron.  Thanks for the kind words! ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Diego Ayala

I have to second Ojimi!!!  The first part of the song took me to "Moonlight Sonata" too - this rang a bell as I am in the process of figuring out the changes in the guitar for it...  Pretty funky fingering - the farther you get into the song the funkier the position.  Did not compare it just to the song, but it was more like the feeling of it!

Nieve Azul!  Blue Snow!  Excellent piece!

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks, Diego! :)  I don't believe I've seen you post on my work before, so thanks for visiting and thanks for the kind words!  It's definitely inspired by "Moonlight Sonata," there's no doubt about it.  Nowhere near as good, but this about as close as I can get. ;D

Yes, Blue Snow!  I am a "gringo," but my wife is Mexican and speaks fluent Spanish; her parents speak almost solely Spanish, so I learned from her family.  I'm guessing from your name that you're Hispanic; if so, you are probably one of the only Hispanic members here.  I wish there were more.  It's great to have diversity in all communities!

Thanks again!

Diego Ayala

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 09, 2009, 08:37:18 PMThanks, Diego! :)  I don't believe I've seen you post on my work before, so thanks for visiting and thanks for the kind words!  It's definitely inspired by "Moonlight Sonata," there's no doubt about it.  Nowhere near as good, but this about as close as I can get. ;D

Yes, Blue Snow!  I am a "gringo," but my wife is Mexican and speaks fluent Spanish; her parents speak almost solely Spanish, so I learned from her family.  I'm guessing from your name that you're Hispanic; if so, you are probably one of the only Hispanic members here.  I wish there were more.  It's great to have diversity in all communities!

Thanks again!

You're more than welcome!!!  Yeah, I am of Latino  roots - I'm a Latingro => latino/gringo.  My Mom is from Nebraska and my Viejo (Mi querido Viejo-passedon last year) is from Venezuela => I grew up in Venezuela, and moved to the US in 1976 with a guitar in one hand and a suit case (1/2 full with vinyl records) on the other and landed my butt in Miami...  Nuts, here I am in Nome Alaska - yikes!  And hey, Nieve Azul sounds much better - has that Latino Soul to it!!!

Bosko Schwartz

I'm 100% gringo, but have adopted my wife's family as my own and feel a lot closer to them than I do my own.  So in a way, I am Latino by Association. ;D  Or is it osmosis? :)  So sorry to hear about your dad. :(

True, "Blue Snow" would've sounded lame. :-\

How'd you land in Alaska, of all places?  Which room do you post your music?

Diego Ayala

I am posting under the br900, and will be doing some postings under collaborations.  I have learned so much from other musicians, that it will be great to exchange and have some collaborations on my songs - I have a lot of them...  And I tell you, it is hard not want to keep coming back and listening to more musicians ---  I may have to take a short sebatical and spend more time learning the recording stuff

I moved to Alaska in Feb of this year - the kids are out of college and on their on (at least they call home as often needing $$) - and I told my wife Tammy that Nome-AK was (kind of) a tropical paradise -  at least for 2-3 weeks/yera - ha!  So, she followed me here...  I work (or try to) with Conservation efforts, erosion, water pollution, and stuff like that.  Latino by association/love/marriage makes you a gringolat -so there is a good (Salsa) rythm in your soul already...

Bosko Schwartz

You should!  This forum is addicting!  Get out while you can! :o  Kidding, but seriously, I spend too much time here.  Still not enough time to respond to everything I would like to, though.  Weird how that is. ???

Diego Ayala

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 10, 2009, 05:37:36 PMYou should!  This forum is addicting!  Get out while you can! :o  Kidding, but seriously, I spend too much time here.  Still not enough time to respond to everything I would like to, though.  Weird how that is. ???

Hey, I am going to do a song in spanish for your wife (and you) and see if she recognizes that song...  It is one of the most performed song in the entire of latinoamerica and even Spain - there are 100's of arrangements.  I had the opportunity to work in Nicaragua a couple of years on an international detail after Hurricane Mitch hit the entire area and I was helping with the revitilizing efforts of their northen rural road system, and 2 of the drivers/guides that were with me, we partied and play every night for  about 3 weeks @ the local pubs with spanish guitars from Latino music to Carlos Santana and Led Zeppelin - we drank a lot of "Flor de CaƱa" -rum made in Nicaragua...  Even in Nicaragua they knew that song and composer - Piero and  his most famous song = "Viejo, Mi Querido Viejo" - I'll do it this weekend and share it with you folks - interested to know if your wife and her family have heard it...

SteveB

BSZ - A very atmospheric performance. And hey, if you've gotta be influenced by someone, then Ludwig van B is a darned decent choice to pick!!
A strong LH technique there, BSZ, and some seriously nice RH flow, and a beautiful ending to round everything off. Definitely worth those couple of listens, and downloaded at once to my BR-MP3 folder. This won't be part of your Concept album, I presume? Which is a pity. Very nice piece.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Bosko Schwartz

Diego, did you post the song, "Viejo, Mi Querido Viejo?"

Thanks, SteveB!  Although for any "real" pianist, this would be an absolute breeze to play, it was somewhat challenging for me to pull off.  I appreciate the words!  As a contrast to my other work, which is layer upon layer until there is so much you can't even hear what is going on sometimes, once in a while, I like to do something bare-bones and minimalist.  You're right, it won't be on this album, but I won't trash it.  It will make an appearance somewhere!