"I Could Have Loved You" - old original by Ted (rediscovered on YouTube)

Started by Ted, January 29, 2019, 11:00:09 PM

Ted

I Could Have Loved You
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I was just cleaning up my YouTube account and I found this old video from 2004.

I woke up with this in my head. This was before I had any home recording equipment. I decided that the easiest way to capture song ideas was to record a video. That plan never made it past this first sketch.

I've never gone back and recorded this again.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bluesberry

That is a great little song there.  Nice melodic vocals.  Very satisfying.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

C'mon Ted, go and record this properly! Lots of potential here, well worthy of development.

And great to see you in person as you were 15 years ago. Don't record any videos now though, let's just stick with the memories of how you were..... ;)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

I watched this yesterday and now again. I must say that this has nice melody, catchy one indeed, because I'm humming it along.

15 years is a long time, but on the other hand it's very short. Puts me thinking are our songs/vids available on the net after 50 years...

Agree with Nigel; this deserves re-recording and it could be a bit longer.

Nice blast from the past!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ella

I agree. Good song and you have great voice. It would be nice to hear new and longer version of it. :)

Geir

Nice one Ted. It's a beautiful melody and the performance is great.

Like the others I would love to hear a re-recording of this!

Cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

kenny mac

Im with everyone else on this.
I too would also like you to record this.
It's a very catchy number.
Still...a great performance and always great to see a fellow songcrafter in the flesh.
Bravo

Ted

FYI:

This was when I lived in Washington DC area. I had my alarm set to wake me up to the news on WAMU every morning. But Saturday mornings, when I forgot to turn off the alarm the night before (which was usually), I'd be woken by the the Eddie Stubbs Show instead of news. The feel of this song comes out of that accidental exposure to country music on weekends.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Hilary

I think this is very engaging and love that the lyrics seem so everyday and actual (even if they aren't). I like the spontenaity of the recording and think something might be lost if you redo it.

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça