one last message

Started by Flash Harry, January 15, 2019, 04:48:08 PM

bruno

Indeed, all the best Tim.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Ted

I share the sentiment. This is the only online community I've ever been involved with where I think of people I've never met as real friends. I often refer some of you in conversations. And a moment later, I find myself thinking, That's weird.

I've often thought that this site could be much bigger — improve the UI, add some tools, market it, monetize it. etc. But I think the fact that it is not slick, a little clunky, and not particularly search-engine friendly is part of the charm. The people who invest in learning how this community works are the ones who appreciate the magic that happens here. If it were much easier, we'd have people just dumping their music here with no investment in the community.

I recently got on SoundCloud for the first time (me). It was incredibly easy — too easy. I immediately started getting robo-followed, and robo-liked. It kind of makes me appreciate that everything here takes a little more effort — like real relationships do and should.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

T.C. Elliott

Quote from: Ted on March 09, 2019, 11:20:36 AMI've often thought that this site could be much bigger — improve the UI, add some tools, market it, monetize it. etc. But I think the fact that it is not slick, a little clunky, and not particularly search-engine friendly is part of the charm. The people who invest in learning how this community works are the ones who appreciate the magic that happens here. If it were much easier, we'd have people just dumping their music here with no investment in the community.

Yeah, if it were too easy then the asshats might find us. It would definitely be easy to link some of the festivals with an invitation to stop by and check it out.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Greeny

I've been particularly guilty of neglecting this place, despite it literally changing my life. I won't go into all the reasons for why I'm such a fuck-up, but I always feel bad for not being the (very) active participant I used to be.

Thanks to Mike for my return. And for reminding me how strong these musical and personal bonds we have are. The pleasure of recording with Mike again  - in person-  was immense. I'd have loved my other Kite buddies to be there too. And any of my other Songcrafter friends.

I did a 45 minute acoustic set on Saturday (thanks to Mike getting me booked). All those songs were written during and because of my involvement here. A lot of them had other songcrafters on the recorded versions. They almost belong as much to Songcrafters and the MBR as they do to me!

I got way better as a musician from being on here.

I owe ALL  of you - and especially Mike and James - so much.

Wouldn't it be awesome to do our own festival?!

bruno

A songcrafters festival - that is some idea!

recorder
Boss BR-1600

StephenM

Yes, my life has been 100% happier and better since finding this site....reverbnation is very impersonal.... I have already learned a ton about recording and because of what I learned from Andy R. and others my bass has reappeared in my mixes...I have been much more motivated to not only practice more but to to "compose" more songs... and to think differently...and I have been absolutely floored by the positivity and support and talent here.... I would be happy to contribute monetarily to the site some... I was wondering how it is funded?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Flash Harry

We take dirty money from the Russians.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

alfstone

Quote from: Flash Harry on October 09, 2020, 03:34:38 PMWe take dirty money from the Russians.

SUPER-MEGA-LOL!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

alfstone

Quote from: chapperz66 on October 10, 2020, 06:55:48 AM
Quote from: alfstone on October 10, 2020, 05:08:49 AM
Quote from: Flash Harry on October 09, 2020, 03:34:38 PMWe take dirty money from the Russians.

SUPER-MEGA-LOL!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Alfredo

It seems only fair.  They probably take loads from us.

I've just checked out. I have no rublos in my pockets...  :o

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra