New Guitar (I'm in love.)

Started by T.C. Elliott, December 28, 2018, 03:57:42 PM

T.C. Elliott

Short story: New (to me) guitar for Christmas. She's a beauty and rocks.

Longer story: I've been looking at this Modern Player Telecaster (made in china) in a S/S/H configuration (with a coil split for the humbucker.) Went to the music store to play it three or four days in a row. Couldn't justify getting it but was border line in love with it. Show up a day or two later (to loan a cello to a local indie artist and multi instrumentalist who just turned eleven... she and her sister are AMAZING) and the guitar was gone. I was both very disappointed and relieved. I didn't have to decide to spend money better spent on other things.  A week after that I talk to Ed (the music guy in the store) and during our hour long conversation he mentions that he sold the guitar. I told him I noticed and shit happens. Didn't think anything about it.

Turns out he was right. He sold it to my wife. And he knew it the whole time. Best present I could have gotten and totally surprised. She plays wonderfully and is beautiful. My pictures don't do it justice. You can see the wood grain through the finish. Oh, and I think it's true love.

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Pete C

Wow that's a beauty. All black with a maple neck is my favourite guitar colour ! What a great Christmas present !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Does look beautiful... been thinking about tele's myself lately but owning one is only a pipe dream at the moment :(

Lovely guitar... enjoy!!!

:)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hilary

Aww that's so sweet, you've got a keeper there (in the Mrs).
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

alfstone

...so romantic story...  :)

Congrats, enjoy your new baby!

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

kenny mac

That guitar will mean so much to you after that story mate.
It's a belter, there will be a few songs in that.
Congratulations

Farrell Jackson

What a very Merry Christmas surprise present from Mrs. T.C. ! You've got a lovely one....on both accounts. I love Telecasters. They are my choice to gig with. People may think they are a one sound guitar but not so in my experience. Yours with the S/S/H pickups will give you even more versatility in sound. I look forward to hearing in 2019 or sooner!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

Beautiful guitar and a fabulous wife, you are a blessed.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

hooper

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

cuthbert

Congrats, T.C. - beautiful guitar, and a keeper of a wife!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase