Horese With No Name

Started by BAG, May 16, 2009, 09:24:32 PM

BAG

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Here's another vid for those interested in seeing my girls progressing, this time of my youngest who's only 5 (nearly 6). She's starting to get the hang of chords and rhythm and she's really enjoying it (not that you can tell from the vid as she is concentrating quite hard :D)

As with other vids i post links to, the audio is all mastered on the MBR. This is one use of the MBR that i hadn't thought of prior to purchasing it however it makes for a much better sound than raw audio from a video camera.

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=0-C2pALJoUw

Just a roadie again.....

Facemask93

Really great seeing that video , reminded me of days gone bye with my daughter , keep up the good work-----and well done to your daughter 10/10

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Boognish

Dude thats awesome.  Your daughter looks like she's really getting good and enjoying it a lot. 
Okay to cover.

AndyR

Yeah, that made me smile - backing vocals too  :)

Watch out though, all your guitars and kit will disappear into her room when she's big enough to play them (that's what happened to my Dad years ago!)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hacker

You have got to be a very proud Father!

Very heart warming, the video captures those small endearing things that staight audio cannot.

You know this already but I need to say it, you have an amazingly talented daughter. Her musical future looks very bright. Best of luck.

H

Wiley

Great job  Can't wait to hear what they will sound like when grown up!!

BAG

Quote from: AndyR on May 17, 2009, 06:16:25 AMYeah, that made me smile - backing vocals too  :)

Watch out though, all your guitars and kit will disappear into her room when she's big enough to play them (that's what happened to my Dad years ago!)

It's funny you should say that.
Her 8 year old sister that has appeared in other posts has just recently been playing the shallow body guitar you can see in the clip. Just last night i put it down for a minute to start dinner and i could hear her playing and didn't recognise what it was. When i asked she said that she was just playing around in the A pentatonic. She has been able to do play in almost any scale for quite a while but last night something really clicked for her and she was really getting some good riffs going with a really good feel.

I grabbed one of the other guitars and started playing some rhythm and her improv lead was just blowing me away. It was so good that the wife stuck her head through the door asking who was playing lead and who was playing rhythm. Normally she can pick it but this time Kayla's lead was so good she had no idea. It's like all of a sudden she has gone to another plane of playing.......... and i think i just lost a guitar :D

I don't really mind as long as it keeps them interested. Her aim at the moment is to be big enough to play the 12 string. She can play "Wanted Dead or Alive" but realises that it sounds pretty crappy on a 6 string and wants to do it on the 12. I reckon she'll be there in under 12 months....maybe 6.....then i won't have a single guitar i can call my own. :D

For those that haven't seen some of the girls other stuff here's the links
https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/kayla-live/msg17323/#msg17323

https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/kayla-and-maddie-live/msg24011/#msg24011

Just a roadie again.....

Bro

Talk about spending quality time whit your daughter !

Great job, nice little pink guitar you have there!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Greeny

Incredible. Who know's where this is going to end?! And it doesn't look like you need to be a pushy parent, as she clearly has the talent and passion for it herself.

Dmann

as famously quited by ACDC many many years ago...."The girls got Rhythm!"

I am a huge fan! Keep em coming!