NEILFEST - prewarning !!!!

Started by Geir, May 16, 2009, 07:27:00 PM

Geir

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Seems like it's put upon my shoulders the responsibility get the Neilfest rolling.
dunno if that's a good idea but here's a start ....

Please reply her what song you want to contribute to and what you wanna play/sing or send me a PM. When I see how big the interest is I' figure out the details and the program !!

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Pine

I wish i had more time to collab...just don't right now. I have some Neil covers to post...did several to "cut my teeth" on the Br1200 when i first got it so i could learn at someone elses expense  ;D I'll be watchin' tho!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Ferryman

Er, this may seem like a stupid question, but Neil who? I presume Neil Young, but this is the first I've heard of Neil fest.....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Ahh yes well .... To clarify:

:D Some really good Neil Young covers have been posted lately
 :D someone ... suggested (Tim i think) more collabs ..
 :D I said ... why don't we have a Neilfest after the Bluesfest and upcoming RockFest
https://songcrafters.org/community/br-600-b66/the-needle-and-the-damage-done-(cover)/msg24460/#msg24460

;D ORH took that as if it was a done deal
https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/the-needle-and-the-damage-done/msg25459/#msg25459

So here we are .... as  I'm a newbie Fest-Arranger I need time to plan, hence the PREwarning

I don't know when the RockFest is due but the Neilfest probably will have to wait 'til over summer .... there's some nice weather and stuff going on these next months in my part of the world at least .. and I wouldn't let the sun and moon and vacations get in the way of a fest ....

Still hope you good people will post suggestions here ... then we can have a good Harvest in the fall.

Geir
Keep on Rockin' !!!!!!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

I'm up for doing 'Heart of Gold'. I can do the guitar and vocals, but I need a harmonica player to really bring it alive.

Geir

Duly noted Tim!!

Harmonica anyone?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

I'll be up for having a shot at Powderfinger, done the Cowboy Junkies way with words that make it clear it IS about the Civil War. So some additional acoustic instruments (like mandolin) would be welcomed.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Just downloaded the chords for 'Harvest Moon' and 'After the Goldrush'... oooh.... I'm gonna enjoy this!

launched

Unless better musicians claim it first, I would like to tackle "Tonight's the Night". Because I AM Bruce Berry!! :D

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

I'm thinking "Born to Rock", "Dirty Old Man", or "Piece of Crap".
aw yeah.