"Gone" (Original)

Started by Geir, May 16, 2009, 07:18:07 PM

Kody

"Nebraska"!? I's born and raised Nebraskan!!!LOL!  Never really got into the Boss "Bruce Springstein" though....Not too often you hear Nebraska anywhere, so I had to add that here!!

Geir!? 3 songs in 24 hrs?! Geeeeez! I gotta find those other 2!!  This is really cool.....very inspiring too! Thanks for the motivation~ You kick ass, Geir!!

I hope you're still sharing the MBR with your daughter hehehhhee!!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Ferryman

Wow. Sounds like there's some turmoil in your life, sorry to hear that. The emotion shows through here and again you are showing what a strong singer/songwriter you are. This just says it all and made me feel sad for anyone that feels this way.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Been trying to keep up, forgetting to thank you all for the kind response!
Thank you!!!!!!!!

Turmoil ... hmm ...  well ... yes ... but the feelingS inspiering this song is not that close in time ... but things are connected i suppose ... thanks for caring !

The mbr is mine mine mine mine  :) ... Aca is busy with exams so I've got more time with my precious now !! 8) .. 
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Quote from: Kody on May 17, 2009, 08:18:49 PMNot too often you hear Nebraska anywhere...

'Omaha' by Moby Grape! Great song!!!!!!!

Greeny

This is fantastic, Geir. And you did the right thing capturing it in it's raw, emotional state, because it's much more 'real' like that. Pretty damn close to perfect, I'd say.

Bus Stetson

bitter sweet ballad! man that's a beautiful art to express and deliver the way you have! i love your chords and your voice is captivating. lyrics are truly moving. you have inspired me to play my robyn hitchcock cd. because in my humble opinion your beautiful song reminded me of some of his work. i will download your your awesome song 'gone' & and absorb your talent and music more:) thanks for sharing:) & for the warm welcome:)

peace out
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams. 'William Edgar O'Shaughnessy'.

AndyR

There's something about this one - I had to come back to listen to it again after a week or so.

That's a really good accoustic sound on there - I only "noticed it" second time round (which is probably one of the things that makes it a good one  :D), and then it was only when I heard the last chords and I thought "woah!" so I pressed play and listened to it again.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Bosko Schwartz

Another Geir find!  Beautiful!  The voice is so prominent and raw!  And the acoustic sound is awesome!  Did you mic that up or go direct?  I wish the tremolo guitar was louder -- I am a big fan of tremolo!!!  I use it in a ton of my songs, including the latest one I'm working on, which, oddly enough, is called "Gone."  I'll post it when it's done, or close.

This is so well done for something that was cranked out so fast.  To get this quality production from my own stuff, it takes me WEEKS.

SOLID!! :)
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Bosko Schwartz

Hey Geir, if you want to hear another song with the exact same title as this, I just posted it in the BR-1600 room ...
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Oldrottenhead

this one needs bumped and bus stetson is spot on with the robyn hitchcock comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StgXZ7t7wqw
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann