"So Real" (original)

Started by SdC, May 16, 2009, 02:41:39 PM

SdC

so real
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A couple of weeks ago I jammed with my old friend Michiel, for the first time in yeeeeears. He's quite a character! His singing and my rhythm guitar playing inspired me to make a bit more out of it. Today I retrieved my 80's-vintage Korg Poly-61 out of storage, fixed it up a bit. Added two synth tracks with it, and finished the "song" off with a 2 guitar parts.

recorder
Boss BR-600

The Reverend 48

SdC..This sounds like it could be great...... but I seem to be getting a lot of Bass feedback thro my monitors (and they are neutral) is it me ???

Bro

Great, really nice sounding synth!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

SdC

Quote from: 48 on May 17, 2009, 02:18:13 AMSdC..This sounds like it could be great...... but I seem to be getting a lot of Bass feedback thro my monitors (and they are neutral) is it me ???
Hmmmm the pure synth sounds of this analog monster (the Korg) are so intense, not all\ speakers can handle it (or handle the resonance differently). Over my laptop speakers I don't hear any bass at all. Interesting phenomenon.

recorder
Boss BR-600

Bluesberry

Your friend is a great emotional singer.  I like this.  I agree with 48, the mix needs a bit of tweaking, I am getting a lot of bass from the keyboard also, it is kinda muddy sounding because of the keyboard.  Man that cat can sing.  Great guitar solo.  This has the making of a monster song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SdC

Thanks for the feedback. I think you're right about the sound; the raw synth sound needs to be run though some FX to be mixed in effectively. I'll definately work on it a bit more.

recorder
Boss BR-600

Geir

On my crappy speakers it sounds really good, will have to recheck l8r on better ones. That said, this is a great peace of music the voice and the lead guitar complements each other really well

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

sound great through my headphones!

This is Really Good!

Peace

T (Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

SdC

Thank you sirs. While you were listening, I souped it up a bit (no, not with p, but with better bass, better mix and remaster). I'll post the second version in a new thread, since I cannot replace the attachment here...

recorder
Boss BR-600