Gilgamesh

Started by madrab, October 12, 2018, 06:54:47 AM

madrab

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

More stealing and paraphrasing. The convergence of many ideas: "I manufacture my own oxygen", "Tröstet uns unt macht uns frei", Gilgamesh, interpretations, appropriations, cut-up, and of course the magic of Em-A. Will eventually be longer.

Recorded drums (Mikael Lenstrup) and guitar simultaneously 2018-04-08, and first (discarded) bass 2018-04-09. Acoustic 12 string got added 2018-04-18. Song and drone guitar (using electro-harmonix superego) recorded 2018-05-04. Solo guitar and recitation (using electro-harmonix v256) recorded 2018-05-16. New bass recorded 2018-07-29. Sofia and Mattias helped me with the chorus on 2018-08-09 . Recitation later cut and edited during mixing.

Mixed and edited by Mikael Sundin 2018-08-06&07

Redler

Nice proggy stuff!!

Well done!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

I knew this would be epic...... (Gilgamesh joke there  ;)).

Very prog rock and really up my street. Really enjoyed all of this and particularly liked the way it changes at about 5:27. My only comment is that the vocals jump a bit far out of the mix for me when they first come in, but maybe that's just me.

I also like the fact you have been working on this for a long time! There's clearly a lot of thought and effort gone into this, well done.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR