Things to Learn

Started by madrab, September 28, 2018, 11:38:05 AM

madrab

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Ok here's something different - for me at least.
This is the soundtrack of the upcoming movie based on Hans Roslings book Factfulness. (Ok that might not be true but it would be nice. And you should all put down your instruments and read that good book.)
I suddenly realized that a simple chord progression that I could not get out of my head worked fine for a few things that feel strongly about.

Guitars and vocal was recorded 2018-05-15&16. After Mikael Sundin mixed it 2018-08-06&07 I recorded Mattias and Sofia Hållsten 2018-08-09 to add some strength behind the claim that both vaccine and gmo is a good thing.

Redler

Well written song. Especially, I liked the chorus with double voice. It's catchy right from the first listening!

Warm feel here - both on guitar tone and music!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Wow, this was a surprise.

Simple music.

Powerful message.

The juxtaposition makes the message that much more powerful.

I like this.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

madrab

Thanks!
I try to play my songs in different version and at least try them acoustic with as few instruments as possible. This time it worked out ok.

I hope the message got through.
Listen to the experts. Which of course does not mean we should stop thinking on our own but remember that we tend to over estimate how much we understand of things we don't know much about (one of the parts of the Dunning–Kruger effect). End of rant.

Farrell Jackson

The acoustic guitar tone and your playing are very good. The words and vocals flow along nicely. The subject matter does have opponents and proponents but my philosophy has always been to do some research before you take one side or the other.  Well done on all accounts!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?