Why aren't we talking about Maccas new album??

Started by Hook, September 20, 2018, 10:42:31 PM

Hook

I have to say that I really enjoy Paul McCartney's new album Egypt Station.

Let's start with my favorite tracks,
#4- Happy With You
#7-Confidante
#10- Dominoes
#11- Back In Brazil
#12 Do It Now
#14- Despite Repeated Warnings

All of these are some of the best solo McCartney songs I've ever heard. As much as I appreciate pot "Happy With You" is such a great, honest insight into Macca's current state of mind; it's just beautiful and that acoustic roll is so cool.
"Confidante" also seems quite personal and is brilliant.
"Dominoes" might be the best song on the album in my opinion.
I've heard different ideas about "Despite Repeated Warnings" but to me it must be about Trump and it's just so good. A very cool, prog-ish adventure.
 My least favorite song is "Caesar Rock"...it just doesn't do it for me but the rest of the album is quite strong.
#2- I Don't Know
#5-Who Cares
#8- People Want Peace
#9- Hand In Hand
#12- Do It Know
#16- Hunt You Down/Naked/C-Link
are all very good, enjoyable songs, everything you would expect from Paul, especially the "Naked" section of track #16, very cool!
#1- Opening Station
#15- Station ll
are just fillers and could have been done better but together they are only a minute and a half so we can let those slide.
That leaves only
#3- Come On To Me
&
#6- Fuh You
neither of them impressed me much upon my 1st listen but both of them have grown on me after a bunch of listens, in fact I like them both quite alot. I think "Come on To Me" is a little too long but it's quite enjoyable and once I read the lyrics I dig "Fuh You". It actually says " I want it Fuh You" not "I wanna Fuh You" and that really made me enjoy the song a whole lot more. It really is a great chorus.

All in all, I find this to be a really good Paul McCartney album. It's not as good as "Chaos & Creation In The Back Yard" from 2005 but it's really good. I encourage everyone to at least give it a listen. I spent under $12 on the download and I really wish I would have at least bought the Cd so I had the cover, lyrics & liner notes but I really wish I would have bought it on vinyl...once I have some extra cash I just might.
What are your opinions?
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on September 20, 2018, 10:42:31 PMI've heard different ideas about "Despite Repeated Warnings" but to me it must be about Trump and it's just so good.

In a recent BBC article, McCartney said it's about people who deny climate change. As to the identity of the "captain" he mentions in the lyrics, he says "Well, I mean obviously it's Trump but there's plenty of them about. He's not the only one."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhvZazALhyA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vDVZNOFMEM

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

I've been avoiding it, for the same reasons that I avoided anything post 'Lets Dance' by Bowie for such a long time.

I'm often disappointed by the old guard late material, it typically does not have the same qualities that I enjoyed in the early stuff, the 'edge' seems to get lost as people become more comfortable with life, the universe and everything over time.

However, Hook's precis has piqued my interest. I will have a look...   
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.