Indulgent Medley with Traffic, Allmans, Jimi, & Macca - LITLR

Started by Blooby, September 20, 2018, 03:41:15 PM

Blooby

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I warn you that this is long (looonnnggg). If you're taking the plunge, I would get at least two beers ready (if that's your particular bent).

A live medley from a band practice in my living room (from The Electric MoO...a play on our acoustic Museum of Oddities). Mixed in Studio One. Was about to book our first gig, but our drummer is an insurance adjuster and was called to the Carolinas where Hurricane Florence hit.

I was going to post something else from this same time frame, but for those of you who haven't heard, former Allman Brothers guitarist Dickey Betts fell while playing with his dog and hit his head (Dickey...not the dog. Boy, that last sentence tasks me). He had to undergo brain surgery (I believe yesterday) so needless to say, my thoughts are with him, his family, and his fans.

"Dear Mr. Fantasy" by Traffic > "Ain't Wastin' Time No More" by The Allman Brothers > "Let 'em In" by Paul McCartney > "Are You Experienced?" by Jimi Hendrix > "Ain't Wastin' Time No More" reprise

It's over-compressed, and the bass is uneven, but I don't foresee any remix. John (Lurker) on vocals and Everett (EWC) on second guitar.

Blooby

File is here if player craps out: https://soundcloud.com/bruce-johnson-28/e-moo-2018-05-30-a-medley

alfstone

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Hook

Absolutly awesome guys! The Electric MOO is about to  break down the barn door and cause some chaos on the farm!  ( what the he'll does that even mean??)
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

An excellent medley guys! I was wondering how the transitions would work from a group of songs that are some what different in style. But you did it quite fine. The move from"Ain't Wastin' Time No More" by The Allman Brothers to "Let 'em In" by Paul McCartney was done extremely well and so was the move to "Are You Experienced." Also some cool live guitar playing and vocal. I enjoyed all 16 minutes of it!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

cuthbert

I enjoyed it even without the beer (still working hours for me). Nice job, guys - everything flowed together perfectly!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Jean Pierre

thank you Blooby

really exceptional !...the recording, the voice, the guitars...respect

QuoteI would get at least two beers ready
....and yes
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Hook

I was driving to work yesterday when I listens so I was doing shots.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Blooby

Quote from: Hook on September 22, 2018, 07:56:16 AMI was driving to work yesterday when I listens so I was doing shots.

We apparently went to the same driving school.

Thanks, folks. Looks like our first gig will be in December.

Redler

Enjoyable listening! So well played and recorded. This works!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Janpol1953

Rien ne sert d'espérer pour entreprendre... Ni de réussir pour persévérer!

Site Web général
Site Web  dédié Georges Brassens