Neighbours n' Knees

Started by madrab, September 17, 2018, 10:40:40 AM

madrab

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Here is another one. More funky.

The first verse i pretty much a variation of something I once read. It was obvious it was a phrase in need of a song. With the help of the E7#9 chord the rest came easy. This is one of the songs I have played before in other settings. Here we messed around a bit with the rhythm before we got it right.

Drums (Mikael Lenstrup) and guitar recorded simultaneously 2018-06-24. Bass and song was added one hot night in July 2018-07-24. More guitars and some organ got into the mix 2018-08-17.

Flash Harry

This is a lovely bluesy rocker. Nice and tight and punchy. Great playing and super vocals.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Blooby

Fun tune with great guitar tones. Loved the outro solo.

The wonder of the one-eyed snake indeed.

Blooby

madrab

Thanks! – and extra thanks for the vocal compliment. Singing is soo hard and I have very little confidence when it comes to my voice. Sometimes I really hate it. Perhaps the summer heat made me loosen up.

Here I actually used some post recording effects on the guitar. I first did it with only my little fender Greta amp (through a 12inch speaker), then I added the leslie effect in the computer.

I have played this song live but then we lost som of the funkiness.