"Brothers" written by Lurker

Started by Blooby, September 15, 2018, 08:09:33 AM

Blooby

Brothers - Lurker & Blooby (160)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Dipping my toe back in as it were.

John (Lurker) should really be the one posting this as this is his tune. Perhaps I can goad him into commenting. I will say that the original was a sparser, folkier tune, but I was in the mood for a full production as we haven't recorded in ages. I do like the strong melody lines he came up with as I thought they helped with the impact of the choruses.

I have a plan to cut down the odd bass section quite a bit, lower the clean guitars, perhaps shorten the outro, and John likes background vox more overt than I do so there may be a remix down the road a spell.

Blooby

bruno

Great tune guys - really well done. This is a superb montage of guitar sounds, and John's vox are, as always, top notch. Faultless.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

Great writing, words and vocals John. I think the cool harmonies could come up a tad so we can appreciate them better. Some fine guitar playing and production Blooby. That psychedelic outro lead was on the money!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

Top class job on each way!!! Well written and arranged music with professional production!

I'm loving that guitar tone btw...
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Outstanding song my brothers, excellent production!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

cuthbert

Great to hear another one from you guys - cool vox & guitars!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

launched

I'm glad this was not sparse and folky, what you have put together sounds great to me. You're probably going to laugh but I'm thinking back on vans and nitrous ballons again! I don't know how to explain it but you have the rare knack of being able to groove a tune eternally, not many can do that.

And with those vocals it shines big time!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Mike_S

Great song chaps... really powerful songwriting. Sounds a little psychadelic in places - loving that Jimi hendrix style tape delay effect in the middle. I think yeah might be good with those background vox on the chorus up just a tad, but just a very minor quibble as its great the way it is.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand