Get back on it (don't want to pay)

Started by madrab, September 14, 2018, 02:12:10 AM

madrab

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Get back on it (you don't want to pay)
About all the things that you eventually are going to do. Written spring/summer of 2017. This was the first of a few songs that I have recorded lately. I got help from my son, Mattias, and let his idea of the song come through. I have another version that is different but they both have their merits I guess.

A question: I have two parallel choruses to shake up the self confidence of the message. I start with "Get back on it... and finally get on top" and then I let "You say you want it but you don't want to pay it's just loose talk and something you say" take over. Does it work? Is it asking too much of the listener?

Thanks for listening.

Recorded drums (Mattias HÃ¥llsten) and guitar simultaneously 2017-12-28, added bass and baritone guitar solo (Mattias HÃ¥llsten) the same day. Recorded organ with iPad and song 2018-01-07.
Mixed by Mikael Sundin 2018-08-06&07

Redler

Catchy song with nice groove.

A toe tapper song! This works.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Slightly punky this is really great! Haven't heard much from you lately, very glad to see you back with a new cool post.

Do another one!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

madrab

Thanks!
Toe tapping and punky. That's probably right. I think there is a bit of football chant in it as well.
I'll post the other version later.