Muletide - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, May 16, 2009, 09:29:36 AM

AndyR

Hi folks,

Just registered - didn't know this place existed. I got my Micro-BR as a present from my wife last Christmas and have been having hours of fun with it ever since.

This one was my first finished recording, a little instrumental to find out how to use the thing after my very first efforts on Christmas Day. This one started out as a little riff in A and then kinda grew while I was tracking and bouncing.

The drum pattern was arranged afterwards, so don't look too deeply into the bass and bass-drum relationships! (In fact, I've only recently figured out that a relationship between the two might be desirable  ::) - you'll have to forgive me, I've been a guitarist for 30-odd years, and even when I played bass in a worship band a while back, it never crossed my mind :D)

The song's called Muletide because it was still the Christmas holidays at the time, and the pickups in this particular guitar are called Mules...  (you gotta get titles from somewhere, haven't you?)

Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Facemask93

Well andy , i can only say , wow you make me very jealous-----if that was your first recording and your own song you are very talented---great guitar--great everything well done

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

AndyR

Many thanks.  :)

I feel I ought to qualify though - it's my first recording with the BR. I've been home-recording on and off ever since, well, ever since I started playing guitar, er, 30-odd years ago. My first serious attempts though were in the late 80s when I got myself a 4-track cassette recorder. And I'd already been in recording studios by then with my band at the time...

I gave up playing live, and music itself for a while, nearly 10 years ago. And then a few years ago I discovered that you could do this stuff on your computer nowadays! I gave that a go for a while, but there's just too many options available for a tinkerer like me. When I saw the BR, I asked my wife if she'd get it for Christmas - I thought it would be like the old recording walkmans, get an idea down quick before you forget it, might help me start writing again... but when I started reading the manual on Christmas Day, I realised I had a recording studio, more powerful than any I've been inside, sitting in my shirt pocket!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Bluesberry

Yea hoo, great first post.  Lots of variety here.  Lots of great guitar playing here.  I love it.  Great stuff, post some more for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bro

Nice guitarwork you have going on here!

Great job! Very inspiring indeed! :D Love it!!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Blooby

Nice tune (very hummable), and the production is-all right, I'll just say it-out of sight.

Welcome.

Blooby

SE

Great Tune your guitars are great nice tune from start tio finish.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Geir

We've certainly got ourselves an experienced new friend now !!!!!!

Great work!!!! Brilliant production.

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

I have a new theory!!!!

This Guy is fro the Boss PR/Ad dept..........

Tooooooooo good!

Panning is stunning!

You sure this is MBR?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

AndyR

Quote from: osckilo on May 16, 2009, 08:25:01 PMI have a new theory!!!!

This Guy is fro the Boss PR/Ad dept..........

:D

I'm quite stunned by the reactions (very pleased obviously). When I found and checked out this site yesterday morning, I listened to a bunch of recordings.

The impression I got was:
a) here's a bunch of folks who are serious about what they're doing, helpful, supportive, etc, - I'm up for some of that, I'll join...
b) there's some seriously good recordings knocking about on here, some of the stuff is beyond me at the moment, but at least I won't look a complete nob if I post mine...

The three I've posted so far are all I've got from the MBR - and it'll be a few weeks before the next one's ready now (unless I simplify things? I'm very tempted to experiment in that direction now having heard other peoples' recordings). But me and the missus are off on holiday for a week now anyway, and we tend to forget our hobbies as well as work - we've both got very self-contained and consuming interests(she's a writer), so every now and then we have to concentrate on each other  :D

I do have some other home recordings, those are on soundclick, I'll be sticking the link up in my sig in a bit. Hopefully you'll be able to see the difference the MBR has made for me - its apparent "restrictions" seem to help me out, I can get much better recordings out of it than I can my DAW!

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1