recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

StephenM

Quote from: Geir on May 16, 2009, 06:44:12 PMThis is a REALLY good song, great lyrics, great melody, great performance and production. I even hear a Zappa influence here :)

cheers!

Maybe, but I know one thing... this is a pro recording.  That mix is so dang good... Maybe a smidge louder with vocals but maybe not... this reminds me of a very favorite band from Canada called "The Tragically Hip".... I decided to today to use some of your songs to practice drums too... This was fun... and it is a great song...
the backing vocals are part of what makes this so good... they are excellent...isn't it so much fun doing those? 
The bass crunch is great and the guitar sounds perfect.. Those drums are also excellent.... man, how long did it take you to do this from start to finish?  Like in how many hours did you put in this?  It's gotta lotta love in it... I have spent 20 hours mixing songs before... it's not hard..
lotta love in it...this one...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

Quote from: StephenM on November 30, 2022, 09:14:53 AMman, how long did it take you to do this from start to finish?

It's been so long, I can't remember. I can picture myself in the room where I recorded it, in Flagstaff, Arizona. This was one of my first songs where I wrote the bass part last – and I'd been practicing modes from a book I bought, and that influenced the bass part a little. But I don't remember whether I did this in one day, or in multiple days.

Here's how I answered a similar question in 2009:

Quote from: Ted on August 25, 2009, 10:37:45 PMThis was one of the first songs I recorded, so much of the recording quality is can be accounted for by luck. 

I was still learning the Micro BR. I probably didn't know how to bounce yet. Wait... I hear 5 sources (because the guitar is in stereo) So I must have just learned how to bounce.

It's both flattering and terrifying to think that someone is practicing drums along to my music. I'm glad you like it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ray Brookes

This song was posted about 10 years or so before I joined SC so this is my first time hearing it. A great track, Ted with excellent lyrics and a cool feel on that acoustic guitar. Love that line - "Banging on a bass drum like Khrushchev's shoe"
Ray Brookes

Trist

Cool bluesy rhythm . nice clean sound on the recording, The song works really well, liked the subtle dynamics in the structure nice work, enjoyed

StephenM

reminds me of the great band from Canada "The Tragically Hip"... and I don't try to be flip in saying that... I loved that band...

this is a great song... and has some great music and lyrics and vocals..

dig some protest songs... oh yes...

OTD bump.

this is a fantastic recording too... so clear and clean

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner