"Anarchist Heart" original song

Started by Ted, May 16, 2009, 01:04:49 AM

SE

This is a great tune love it very much.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Geir

This is a REALLY good song, great lyrics, great melody, great performance and production. I even hear a Zappa influence here :)

cheers!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Facemask93

Great original song Ted , do you write your lyrics first or come up with a tune then find words , anyway round it's a top song---- been playing this on my iphone this week---very addictive , are there any effects on the acoustic at all , the sound is really good ,and is it miked or plugged in direct . Excellent , a keeper for sure

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Ted

Quote from: facemask93 on May 19, 2009, 01:35:38 PM[D]o you write your lyrics first or come up with a tune then find words?

Yes.

My process is not predictable.  I don't really have a process.  Usually I have a couple of ideas that stick together, and it snowballs from there--but not in the sense of a snowball naturally rolling down a hill; more like a heavy snowball being forced up a hill against the wills of inertia and gravity.

Quote from: facemask93 on May 19, 2009, 01:35:38 PM[A]re there any effects on the acoustic at all , the sound is really good ,and is it miked or plugged in direct?

I'm pretty sure this is my acoustic guitar plugged in (i.e. not miked) to my trusty old Ibanez Super Stereo Chorus (SC10) stomp box, but not much speed, width, or delay--just enough to have a stereo effect.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Greeny

Fantastic lyrics and production, and those 'country' backing vocals are very nicely done. The pause before you say 'Utah' is genius. Another winner!!!!

Rickocaster

Man, this is really well done!  The quality of sound you milk from that MBR is amazing. The drum part is particularly impressive. I hope to get to your level some day.

Regarding the lyrics, you really have a knack for musical poetry. Very well chosen words. I don't know if we would vote the same way or not, but disgust with government is something we probably share. My song, "Pardon Me" came from a similar sentiment.

I'm looking forward to listening to more of your stuff. I've only heard 2 and they are great.

Rick
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

Blooby

Exceptional recording.

I love the subtle bend in the main riff.  Magic.

Blooby

Ted

Quote from: Rickocaster on August 25, 2009, 06:18:00 PMMan, this is really well done!  The quality of sound you milk from that MBR is amazing. The drum part is particularly impressive. I hope to get to your level some day.

Hey Rick, thanks for the compliments and the bumps (here as well as over at 1313 Mockingbird Ln.)!  You even lured Blooby over here.

This was one of the first songs I recorded, so much of the recording quality is can be accounted for by luck.  There are few things I would do differently if I were to re-record it.

I'll have to check out Pardon Me.

Funny thing about this song, is that Osckilo first heard this song on a YouTube video--one made by someone else, and I never knew about it or got to see it.  Apparently the video credited the song to me and everything, but it's since been taken down from YouTube.  I'll take that as a compliment, but I'd sure like to see the video someday.

Quote from: Blooby on August 25, 2009, 07:00:16 PMI love the subtle bend in the main riff.  Magic.

Funny, but that bend makes the song 100% more fun to play.  Glad you noticed.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SteveG

The protest song aint dead!!

One hell of a fine job here, wish I could come up with something half this powerful. Nice one.

OsCKilO

I'm still looking for that bloody Video Ted..!!!!!!!!

I have looked everywhere.......

But I aint the sort to give up!!!

Great tune by the way.....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy