Thinking of buying this

Started by thetworegs, August 04, 2018, 01:08:50 PM

cuthbert

No specific advice to give, except to say that is one impressive-looking piece of kit!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

The only Laney kit I've had is a 200watt pa with x2 4x12 cabs but that was many years ago when we were starting out. A solid, well built piece of equipment so if the modern stuff is as good as that, then you should be fine. Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

chapperz66

Never used this particular piece of kit, but a friend of mine had a Laney combo which had great tone and also had a speaker emulated DI output which was great for quiet recording. 

Farrell Jackson

That looks like a cool rig for recording and live work Trevor. I'm not familiar with this particular amp but I have an older Laney AOR 3012 Series II tube combo amp (20 watts 12" speaker) that has many of the same features as the one you're looking at. I've gigged and recorded with it, with no complaints from me at all. It has nice a Marshall crunch tone and it has great sustain.  I'm not sure if this helps with your decision but good luck with it.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ferryman

I would have thought that some of the lower output "home/studio" amps like Blackstar and Orange Tiny Terror would be logical alternatives. Personally I would go for them or Marshall over Laney but that is based on past prejudices rather than any knowledge of this specific Laney amp.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

No idea... but looks like cool kit!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

Thanks for the advice.....i've gone for it ...it's here  ;D...but the sad part is i can't open the box till Monday as its turned into a birthday gift

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

pjd1

Going to be a long weekend Trev ! good luck Monday morning !

Paul
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

chapperz66

It's Monday - so I imagine you are making lots of loud crunchy noises right now.